26

Things have been going exceptionally great lately. Especially since Harry and I decided to keep our getting back together under the radar. Honestly, it was more of a protection thing, not wanting Nikolai to get a whiff of the news. Of course we had to tell Casey, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. They all didn't really seem all too surprised, as if they saw it coming.

"We're back together." Harry announced, waiting anxiously for our friends to react. His hand was squeezing mine tightly as we sat on the couch.

Liam grinned widely, getting up and patting Harry on the back, "I knew you could do it." He says as if he's a proud father.

Casey is next, leaning back in the love seat, smirking. "Does this mean I'll have someone to talk with in the mornings?" She eyes me, a reminder of how much I've been avoiding her lately.

"I will talk to you for as long as your heart desires." I say, causing a grin to form on her face.

Harry quickly stands, tugging me up with him, "Well now that's settled, we have places to be."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Places to be?" I asked. Harry groaned loudly, as if a bit annoyed.

"Yes, I'm taking you out." He says as if staring the obvious.

"You all are just so cute." Casey said from the couch, reminding us of her and Liam's presence.

Harry and I both shush her at the same time, and before I can protest, I'm being pushed out the door without being able to say goodbye.

"Good thing we got out of there." Harry said once the door was shut behind us and we began walking down the stairs.

"Why?"

"They would've attempted to go on a double date with us, and that is not happening." Harry says as we round the black range rover.

"So this is a date?" I ask once we are inside the car.

"You ask too many questions woman, maybe I should've left your ass there too." He says jokingly, reaching across the console and gently squeezing my thigh, sending a sensation throughout my entire body.

"I'll just stop talking then."

"Thank god."

The car ride remains relatively silent after that, the melodic sound of Harry's humming filling in the void. We'd been driving for awhile when I became curious, "Where are we going?"

Harry turns to me, "I thought you were going to stop talking." He says before facing the road again.

"We've been driving for a good half hour, of course I'm going to have to ask."

"We're almost there actually." He says before resorting back to humming. I turn to the window, watching as everything passes in a blur before closing my eyes. A mix of colored dots show behind my eyelids,

Once I feel the car pull to a halt I sit straight up, opening my eyes and taking in my surroundings.

We are parked in front of an ice cream parlor. You've got to be kidding me. "Did we really just drive all that way to get ice cream?" I ask Harry whom already has a childish grin on his face.

"This place has the best ice cream you will ever have the pleasure of tasting."

"Do you know how much ice cream I've eaten in the past month?" Just thinking of all the empty cartons makes me cringe.

"I'm buying you ice cream and you're going to eat it, end of discussion." He says before getting out of the car, and briskly walking up to the business. I stay in the car for a few seconds before giving in and catching up with him. By the time I get inside, Harry is already staring behind a clear glass at probably over twenty flavors of ice cream.

He literally looks like a little kid, and it's absolutely adorable.

"There's so many flavors!" Harry exclaims excitedly, emerald eyes vibrant. "What are you going to choose?" He turns to me, as if my decision would make a difference.

I look through the glass, reading over each of the descriptions. They all have ridiculous names, clearly trying to appeal to a younger crowd. The guy waiting behind the counter loudly taps his foot, getting impatient. "I'll get whatever you do." I say once none of them catch my eye.

Harry sighs loudly, "You're of no help." He says before quickly scanning through the glass one more time. "We'll both get peanut butter fudge, if that's okay?" He asks and I nod. The worker scoops out ice cream into small cups before ringing us up. "Let's sit." Harry suggests, walking over to a booth and sitting across from me.

We make some small talk while eating, mostly Harry talking about how good the ice cream tasted, and honestly it was pretty amazing, but I still didn't see why we drove all the way out here for this.

"Ready to go?" Harry asked once we had both finished up. He took ahold of my hand, leading me outside to the car and opening the passenger door, shutting it once I was safely inside. I watched as Harry lightly jogged around the car, getting into the drivers seat before driving out of the parking lot. "We have one more stop to make."

"Are we stopping at the candy store also?" I ask teasingly.

"No, but maybe we should. I have a strong sweet tooth today." Harry says with a smile. "Here we are." He pulls into a different parking lot, just a few miles from where we just were. Once out of the car Harry grabs my hand again, leading me into a jewelry store.

"Harry you don't have to-" He quickly put his pointer finger to my lips, silencing me.

"I want to get you something, please just let me be an exceptional boyfriend." He says, making me laugh.

"Really Harry, I don't need anything like this." I insist, not wanting him to spend anymore money on me.

"Stop being so stubborn." Harry wraps his arm around my waist, forcing me to walk up to the counter of expensive jewelry.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A saleswoman asks, wearing a dress suit and forced smile.

"I'd like to get something for my girlfriend here, she's being stubborn though so I may have to pick it out myself." He chuckles.

"Well, I'm guessing you're not quite ready for a ring yet, but we have a wide variety of bracelets, necklaces, and earrings for decent prices." The woman says, using her hands to point to the different accessories. Most of them are made out of diamonds, something I definitely don't need.

A silver chain with a heart locket on it does catch my eye, reminding me of a necklace I had as a child. I lost it in third grade and was absolutely devastated, only to forget about it when my father bought me a new bracelet instead. Clearly my eyes linger for too long, "We'll get that." Harry says, pointing to the same necklace I was looking at.

The woman smiles, "We will get that rung up for you right away sir."

"You all take credit?" He asks, and she quickly nods. Harry hands her a debit card, and she scurries off to

"I don't know how I can thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, just remember how I feel about you whenever you wear this." Harry refers to the necklace, words warming my heart. I stand on my tip toes, hands pressed against his chest before quickly kissing him. Harry grins against my lips, something I'll never get used to feeling.

"Sorry to interrupt, here's your card back," she hands him the rectangle piece of plastic, "and would you like me to wrap this up?"

"No thanks, she'd like to put it on now." Harry says. The saleswoman curtly nods before walking away to help a different customer. "Turn around." Harry says while getting the necklace out of its box.

I suck in a sharp breath when the necklace meets my skin, cold from never have been worn. Harry's messes around with the clasp for a few seconds before finally getting it to latch.

I stare down at the locket, realizing just how deep my feelings for Harry really are.

(This was a filler, sorry. The last chapter didn't load all the way if you were on a mobile, so go back and read the rest if you haven't!

Are you enjoying this story so far? If so, please vote and comment! Don't be a ghost reader! Xo

Instagram: @heswriting )