28

Sometimes I'd just lie there, even fifteen minutes after the sound of an alarm woke me. It was as if my body couldn't move, paralyzed from sleep. A dark cloud loomed over as I aimlessly stared at the ceiling above.

I hate Mondays.

If Monday were a person, I'm absolutely positive it would've been shoved off a cliff due to the amount of hatred it's accumulated.

I groaned as the sound of the television in the living room could be heard, a news channel blaring through its speakers before being turned down to a respectable volume, bless Casey.

I yawn loudly, stretching my arms behind my head before getting out of bed. My legs feel heavy as I drag them to the dresser, picking out a pair of black leggings and navy blue sweater before getting changed into them. I walk out into the living room, finding a fresh bowl of oatmeal waiting on the kitchen counter. I thanked Casey before quickly eating it, heading back in my room for socks before putting on my new favorite pair of Steve Maddens. I ordered them online about two weeks ago and they just arrived a few days earlier, making me forever thankful of FedEx.

Casey waited by the front door once I finished getting ready, looking as tired as I do. We both walked out to her car, much slower than most mornings. As we got in and she turned the ignition, a smile spread on her face.

"What's got you so happy on a Monday?" I asked, truly wondering what the cure to this day is.

She laughed a bit before answering, "Liam told me that he loved me, on Saturday." I remembered they went on some dinner, but she never mentioned that happening.

"That's really amazing Casey, I'm happy for you." I say genuinely.

She bobs her head while driving, "Thank you, sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just wanted to let it actually sink in first." She explains while still smiling.

"You don't have to apologize for anything." I say just as she pulls into a vacant parking spot. "I'll see you after class." I flash her a smile before getting out of the car, knowing Liam is probably on his way to meet her before class. She waves through the windshield, just as I turn around to walk onto campus.

As I weaved through crowds of students my heart began to beat faster, just the thought of seeing him does this to me. Does he feel the same things that I do? I wish I could know, have some way to peek at his thoughts, know exactly what he is thinking about.

"Hey, watch it!" Someone spat at me, and I quickly apologized, clearly spacing out in the middle of a crowded hall was not the best idea.

Finally I arrived to class, immediately spotting Harry sitting in his seat, head lying on the desk, fast asleep. I climbed the stairs of the lecture hall, reaching my seat to find him lightly snoring. He looked so peaceful, mouth slightly open as he open as he took deep, shallow breaths. Should I wake him up, or leave him be? I decided I'd rather have him awake, seeming as this is our only class together.

As I lightly pushed into his side, he slowly came back to reality, "Hey," I said quietly.

He leaned back in the chair, stretching his arms out in front, "Hey." He said in a raspy tone, still fresh from sleep.

"How long have you been asleep?" I ask as he sweeps his curls to the side, across his forehead like usual.

He yawns before answering, "Dunno, a couple minutes maybe? I was out like a light though." Then he grins, dimples and all. Who knew one smile could shift your entire mood.

"Did you hear about Liam and Casey?" He probably thinks I'm making conversation, but honestly I want to know what he thinks about it, if he even thinks anything of it.

"Yeah, he was talking to me about it like a teenage girl this morning. Before we know it they'll be married with kids in two years." Harry snorts.

"They do move fast, soon Liam will probably move in." I say with a laugh, although it's very much possible if I really think about it.

"If he moves in then I get to move in too." Harry says seriously.

"Honestly, if he did move in then I'd move out, I would feel like I was in the way all the time." I cringe, just thinking of the situation.

"But it's your apartment in the first place." Harry points out, and he's right.

"I could always get a new one, but nothing has happened yet so I'm not going to worry about it." I say, and Harry nods in agreement.

He takes a deep breath, "I want to tell you something because of this whole trust thing, but at the same time I don't want you to be worried." Harry rakes his hands through his hair, obviously stressed over something.

I put my hand over his reassuringly, "Tell me." I softly demand, not wanting to push him too much. Harry should be able to tell me things without having to force them out of him, I want it to be his choice.

Harry leans over, "There's a delivery tonight, a first one in awhile. It's with this guy who's known to be shady." He says in a hushed tone, not wanting anyone around us to hear. Suddenly, panic builds up inside me.

"I'm going with you." I state, already knowing my mind is made up.

"What?" Harry asks, taken back. How could he think I'd just act nonchalant about him being in a such a dangerous position?

"I'm going to go with you, you know, as back up or something." I say, still contemplating how I will be able to help the situation.

His expression hardens, "The hell you are. I already have one person going with as protection, no need to put you in danger as well."

"Promise me you will be careful." I say quietly, needing to hear him assure me of it.

"I promise, please don't worry yourself." He reaches over, caressing my cheek with his hand, intended to be a physical reassurance, but in actuality helps very little.

My thoughts are racing with the possibilities of what could happen to Harry later today, and none of them are positive. I knew being in a relationship with him, knowing everything I now know, would be difficult, but not quite this stressful.

Harry's voice brings me out of a daze, "Now promise me that you won't try anything stupid. Just stay home and don't try to find me or anything." He says, eyes showing absolute desperation that I don't put myself in danger.

"I promise."

Some promises aren't meant to be kept.

(Next chapter will be interesting... All of your feedback has been amazing, Camouflage is now #60 in fan fiction! Thank you all so much!

Don't be a ghost reader, vote and comment your thoughts!

Instagram: @heswriting)