36

There was always tension, no matter how hard we tried to avoid it.

Tonight was different though, tonight we could forget it all. Forget all of our worries for a peaceful night in the city.

Harry was finally healed, able to "gain some of his dignity back," or so he says. I could tell he was starting to be a bit stir crazy at the house, becoming extremely irritated from the smallest things. I couldn't really blame him though, he had basically been confined to his room for over a week, something no one would enjoy.

Keeping his promises, Harry arranged for us to have dinner somewhere in London, something that would make this Friday much more enjoyable.

As for now, I sat in class, impatiently watching the clock until the professor finally released us. To say it took patience to get through today would be an understatement. I rushed out of the classroom, falling in step with my peers before reaching outside. Casey was already waiting in her car, reminding me that I should probably get my own soon.

She looked up as I got in, "Could your teacher have held you for any longer?" She asked sarcastically, putting the car into reverse and driving out of the lot.

"I'm almost positive he did that just because today is Friday." I say, bitter.

She laughs, "Sounds like an asshole."

I lean into the seat, "You don't even know."

Casey puts on her turn signal, a repetitive beep sounding through the car. "Any plans for tonight?"

"Harry's taking me into the city for dinner at some new, fancy restaurant he won't shut up about."

"Well at least he's excited, it's about time he gets to leave that damn house."

We stay silent after that, reaching the apartment and quickly getting inside to avoid the cold. To pass the time we watch the ever boring television, no good shows are ever on at this time of day.

The minutes slowly tick by, eventually resorting to getting my laptop out to watch Netflix.

Just as I'm getting to a new episode the doorbell rings, and I curse aloud. Casey walks up to the front door, letting Harry in.

He's wearing a white dress shirt, black slacks, and converse, which make the outfit seem more like him.

He looks handsome, to say the least.

My eyes travel up from his outfit, finding his hair loosely styled, reminding me of the time I saw him at the restaurant with my parents, before I knew what was really going on.

Before I knew the roller coaster he would put me on.

"Good thing I came early, did you forget about our date?" Harry asks, snapping me out my embarrassing staring.

"I sort of got lost in a show, let me go get ready." I quickly get up from the couch, rushing into my room and closing the door behind me.

Thank god my mother influenced me to plan everything out, because my outfit for tonight is laid out in the same spot I left it early this morning. I decided on a navy blue dress Casey allowed me to wear, and keep from awhile ago. It fit extremely nicely, something I didn't feel like I could say for many tight dresses. I covered my exposed shoulders and arms with a black cardigan, something to keep me just above freezing. I quickly put my hair in a neat bun, knowing Harry is probably becoming antsy.

"Finally," I hear him exhale as I walk out of my room, probably thankful that I saved him from having to speak with Casey any longer.

"You look hot," she says purposely, waiting for Harry to react.