44

Euphoria is one of the greatest feelings in the universe, and lately it had been coming in tiny, precious doses. Whether it was spending time with Harry, or trying to think of baby names with Casey and Liam. Basically just getting to spend time with the people I love was all it took. As for right now, I was experiencing one of the best kinds there is.

"We probably shouldn't have done that with your ribs and everything," I laugh, "but we still will, when we really shouldn't." I say, breathing heavily by the time I'm finished.

Harry rolled over, his breath still ragged, "it's been two days and I feel almost back to normal. Plus, I'm pretty sure sex can cure anything."

I rolled my eyes, "that must be what all men think."

"Especially this guy, so you better get used to it." Harry laughed, planting a kiss on my cheek as he did so.

"You're such a keeper, how did I get so lucky?" I say sarcastically.

Harry imitates my rolling of the eyes before running his hand down my bare side, fingers trimming the skin ever so gently. He knows just what he's doing as his lips meet my neck, planting them in all the right places. I sigh when I notice the time, pulling away when I desperately don't want to.

"I should probably get dressed and go to classes soon." I say, feeling the exact opposite way on the inside. I'd rather lay in bed with Harry all day while talking about any topic that came to mind, or finish what we'd just started. That would basically sum up my perfect day, but unfortunately it can't always be that way.

"I say you skip your classes and stay here with me all day," he says in an attempt to persuade me.

"I've already missed half of fiction writing, and I really don't feel like making up anymore work." I groan, dreading having to listen to pointless lectures all day.

"Fine, but don't be mad if you come home and I've eaten all the food you own."

"Don't be mad if I make you restock the fridge then." I countered as I got up from the bed, hurriedly rushing over to my closet and throwing on a pair of jeans and gray sweatshirt.

"Make sure you don't flirt with any college boys." Harry says in a serious tone.

"What are you, my father?" I laugh slightly, putting my hair into a bun.

"No, but if you want to be single-" he laughs, "joking. Have fun in class with your entertaining professors, babe." He gives me a teasing grin as I leave the room to put shoes on.

After giving Harry a goodbye kiss, which he mad sure to last long, I made my way outside and got into Casey's car. I was thankful for Liam as I drove onto campus, seeming as he can now give her a ride whenever needed. Without Harry's car there really is no other option for transportation, and I'd rather not ask Casey for a lift with everything she and Liam have going on.

I gather up my belongings once parked on campus, preparing myself for the long walk I will have to endure because of how late I am on arriving.

Unfortunately, I've already missed all of fiction writing, so I make my way to history. I smile when I see Casey walking across the quad, she notices me as well and walks in my direction, pulling me into a hug.

"How have you been?" I ask once we pull away, finding her looking healthy and content.

"It's only been a few days Leah, you act like you haven't seen me in years." She laughs, "I've been good, Liam is finally adjusting to the idea of having a baby."

"What did it take for him to realize that?"

"I showed him a bunch of videos of babies laughing and I think he kind of fell in love. Now he wants to go out and get all of the necessities before we even know the sex." She smiles happily, and I can see that being a mother is something that she will truly love.

"You'll both make amazing parents, I can see it already." I say confidently.

"I really hope we will be." Her eyes widen, "Oh, and we haven't quite figured out a living arrangement yet so I hope you don't mind if all of my stuff stays in the apartment for now."

"It can stay there for as long as you need, there's no rush." I assure her, not wanting to add onto any pressure she already has on her because of the pregnancy.

"How's Harry been since the crash?"

"Hating that he can barely do anything, of course. Other than that, he's healing up very nicely, or so the doctor says."

"You don't believe it?"

"It's kind of hard to when Harry's heart literally stopped. I mean, how can you be perfectly healthy after something like that?"

"Harry is a strong guy, maybe it was some kind of miracle that he's okay. You should be grateful that he doesn't have to give up on his dreams because of what happened." She says, and of course she is right.

"I know, I just wish he would stop getting hurt like this. I don't think my own heart can take much more of it."

"Sometimes life happens and it's unavoidable, we just have to deal with it sometimes. You have to deal with the fact that Harry could get seriously injured at any time, it's just a part of living."

I laugh, "I swear pregnancy has made you one of the wisest people I know."

"I guess it's brought out that side of me." She paused to check her phone, "we should probably get to our classes, I'd rather not walk into a room full of people silently listening to a lecture." Casey says, tightly hugging me as we say our goodbyes.

I pace myself walking to class, honestly not feeling any determination to get there. When I do, my professor luckily isn't teaching, and I find an empty seat near the front.

I find myself sitting, listening, writing, and basically just being bored out of my mind for the next couple of hours. When my final class is over I feel a flood of relief.

The wind has picked up once I'm walking back across the quad, students hugging themselves to keep warm as the walk. I laugh when I see someone literally wearing a snuggie as they sit on a bench.

I stop in my tracks when a short male with black hair calls my name, running over with something in hand.

"Leah Hudson?" When I nod he hands be an envelope, "have a nice day." He says with a friendly smile before walking away and getting lost in the crowd of students. I'm a bit confused as I carefully open the envelope, fearing what I may find.

Inside are pictures, mainly photos of my parents. In some they are sitting comfortably at my childhood home, in others they are at a restaurant with friends or at work focusing on the task at hand. Nikolai has clearly been having people watching them, and I instantly feel sick.

Everything seems to be going out of focus as I flip past the final picture only to find a note:

If Harry doesn't do what he's told, you know what can be done.

I read the note over and over again until the words etched inside of my mind. This message isn't a threat, it's a promise that can easily be kept if I make the wrong decision.

I automatically know what I have to do, and it will end with the most heartbreak I have, and maybe ever will experience.

_________________

Spring sports are over, that means more frequent updates! Thank you for being so patient with me :)

Goal: 1500 votes and 350 comments

What do you think will happen in the next few chapters? This book will only have about ten more, and they will be entertaining to say the least!

Instagram: @heswriting

-Jo x