16

at first glance
you were just a mere other
but now you're so much more
so don't leave me
because once you do
i'm afraid i won't recover

I sigh before closing my journal and hiding it back under my mattress, not wanting anyone to find my horrible writing.

"I'm heading out! Are you ready to go?" Casey called from somewhere in the apartment.

"Yes, I'm coming!" I called, taking one last look in the mirror before walking out into the living room. Casey patiently waited by the door, nodding as I walked out before opening the front door and going out to the car.

"So, how was Harry last night?" Casey asked, wiggling her eyebrows for effect.

"I actually didn't go to see him, I went to the library."

"Library?" She asked, sounding unconvinced.

"Yeah, I wanted to get some books."

"You already have, like, a thousand books Leah! You're definitely addicted."

"Thank you Dr. Phil." I said sarcastically, as if I didn't already know I had an addiction to reading.

"I make a valid point, your nose is always stuffed in some novel." She says gently, clearly just teasing.

"And you've always got yours stuffed in your phone as you text Liam." I say triumphantly, already knowing I've won this argument.

"You've got me there." Casey said with a sigh, pulling into an open parking spot on campus. We both got out, parting ways as we headed to our first classes.

Harry beat me to class today, wearing a blue beanie, black hoodie, and deep blue jeans as he slouched behind his desk.

He seemed almost half asleep as I pulled my chair back, trying to be as quiet as possible as I sat in it.

When my chair involuntarily squeaked, Harry shot up. It was if he'd been electrocuted, probably would have been hilarious under any other circumstance.

"Good morning." I said with a laugh as he hazily stared at me.

"Morning Hudson." He said before sloppily swiping his tongue across his lips.

"Didn't get much sleep?" I asked as he locked his hands behind the chair and stretched for a good ten seconds.

"None whatsoever, you just saw me get it all actually."

"Why didn't you sleep?"

"A dare from Niall to see who could stay up the longest, guess who won."

"Niall."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I most definitely am not."

"For your information, I won. It took lots of dedication and I'd like to thank all the different energy drinks which kept me awake."

As he spoke I couldn't help but think of what happened last night.

Where did he go after I lost sight of his car?

"Wake up!" Harry said as he poked my side.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I said, getting out of my daze.

"I said that Baldwin is late."

I hadn't even noticed the professors lack of presence. Sure enough, the large bald headed man wasn't position behind his podium.

"Teacher's not coming, free class!" Someone in the class yelled quite loudly.

Luckily, before I'd already learned that if a teacher was twenty minutes late then you could do whatever you wanted until your next class.

The other students cheered before exiting the study hall, clearly jovial that Baldwin hadn't showed up.

"Well, this worked out quite nicely." Harry exclaimed once almost everyone had cleared out.

"Now I can catch up on my sleep, we're still on for Friday right?" Harry asked as he stood up, slinging his book bag around his shoulders.

"Friday?"

"Shit, I was supposed to ask you out. Will you go out with me on Friday?" Harry asked, making me laugh.

"Of course I will." I responded almost immediately.

"Great, I'm going to go and get some sleep. Don't miss me too much."

Harry leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to my lips before hurriedly rushing out of the lecture hall, leaving me smiling like a love struck fool.

(Please vote and comment! Xo

Instagram: @heswriting)