8

He grabbed my waist as if he'd done it a thousand times before, his hands finding their perfect placement. My hands went around his neck, we swayed at our own pace just like the first time we ever danced together.

I looked up to find his eyes glossed over, and red, yet still a beautiful and vibrant green. Yes, Harry was clearly intoxicated, but did I care? Hell no.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your pencil on the first day of school." He said over the much too loud music. I began to laugh, he was thanking me for something that happened almost a week ago.

"Why are you thanking me now?" I have to strain my voice so he can hear.

"Because then I probably wouldn't have gotten to know you, and see the beautiful person that you are." I beamed at him, even drunk he still manages to compliment me. It's like he's trying to make up for all the years no one told me anything nice about myself.

"Do I compliment you too much, I mean, I just really want you to feel how you are. You know what I'm saying?" He rambles, peering down at me with a cautious look.

"No, I'm honestly just not used to it, but now that it's happening more often I might have to ask you to never stop." I can feel Harry's chest vibrating as I lean my head against it.

"I like you a lot, and I'm really fucking drunk." He laughs, but my heart stops.

Did he actually just say he likes me? Does he mean like a friend or something more than that?

"I like you too Harry, you're an amazing guy."

We stay silent after that, just swaying back and forth to the very club sounding music. People around us were probably confused as to why we weren't grinding on each other like the rest of them.

After awhile I couldn't even remember that we were at a party until a drunk accidentally knocked into me.

"Has anyone seen anyone seen a Leah? She's like my height, has some amazing hair, oh and she's wearing my dress!" I hear Casey's obnoxious voice yell.

I spin around, finding Casey fumbling around the dance floor.

"I'm right here." She looks up, smiling, and looking very drunk.

"You're going to have to drive me home, babe. I'm way too out of it." She slurs.

"Alright, come on then." I grab her arm, turning around to say goodbye to Harry, but he's gone from where we stood before. I shrug it off and lead Casey outside to her car, helping her into the passengers seat before getting in on the other side.

"Are you going to do this every party?" I ask. She doesn't reply, so I look over only to find her asleep.

How wonderful.

Harry's POV:

I wake up with a massive throbbing in my head. It feels like someone hit me with a hammer on my temple. Luckily, I'm in my bed, and there's no girl lying besides me. The last thing I remember was watching Casey stumbling up to Leah.

Of course Niall had to pull me aside to clean up his cut finger before I could say goodbye to her. That idiot.

A knock sounds at my door and I tell them to come inside. "Hey mate." Louis says as he leans against the doorway.

"Hey, what time is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Nearly one, so you and Leah huh?" I sit up at the mention of her name.

"Really Louis? I just woke up, Jesus!" He stands his ground, clearly not going to give up.

"I saw you two lovebirds last night, swaying away on the dance floor." He says in a high pitched voice, if I wasn't half asleep I'd beat his ass right now.

"Don't know what you're talking about." I say, ruffling a hand through my hair.

"Come on, you can talk to me about these things. I'm your best friend. Spill."

"God you're like one of those girls who feeds off of other peoples problems."

"Would you just shut up and tell me!"

"Alright, I mean, I really do like her, but she's so shy and I never know if she really does just want to be friends or not." I say quickly. Louis licks his lips before speaking.

"Has she ever had a boyfriend before?" I try to think of Leah mentioning any previous boyfriends, and I don't think she has.

"What? I, um, probably not."

"Well that's why she gives you mixed signals, she doesn't know what the hell she's doing. Just go after her and be your charming self."

"But what if I ruin our friendship?"

That's my biggest fear about trying anything with Leah, we've grown a bond that I know she's never had with anyone else and I never want to lose that.

"If you don't go for it, you'll regret it in the long run. You'll always wonder what could've been." He says, and the words sink in.

"I think you may actually be right." I say. Louis crosses the room, patting me on the back.

"Now, I want you to call her right now and ask if you can go out on a date tonight." He commands before walking out of my room.

I take a deep breath before pulling out my cellphone and dialing Leah's number.

___________________

AN: Happy Valentines Day everyone! Hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones!

Instagram: @heswriting