5

"Roommate!" Casey's voice echoed throughout the apartment as she neared the kitchen.

"I just heard about you and Harry! How on earth did you snag that boy?"

What the hell?

"Who told you that?"

"Louis." When I made a confused face she groaned out loud. "Louis Tomlinson? He's basically Harry's right hand man, I'm surprised you haven't met. Anyway, Niall told him that he caught you two holding hands and hugging."

"We're just friends." I said trying to not only convince her, but also myself.

"Oh darling, you won't want to be 'just friends' after you've see him in a fight."

"What do you mean?" I ask, voice faltering unintentionally.

"Harry is a well known street fighter, didn't you know that?" I shake my head, Harry never told me about fighting.

Honestly I've never been one for violence, and just thinking of Harry participating in those kinds of things made me feel uncomfortable. What else could he possibly be hiding?

"He has one tonight, maybe we should go and surprise him!"

"I don't know if that would be such a good idea."

"Come on! He's shirtless and sweaty, trust me you'll be drooling when you see him."

"Okay, let me just get ready." Casey became giddy as I went into my bedroom to prepare myself for what's to come.

-

Sweat, beer, and blood all attack my senses as Casey and I step inside the arena. Bodies are closely compacted, excitedly waiting for a fight to begin.

An announcer stepped inside the ring, a mic in his hand. The crowd immediately became silenced, allowing him to speak. "Up next we have a crowd favorite, Harry Styles versus a new competitor, Brock Hunt!"

The crowd erupted at the mention of Harry's name, he'd clearly made an impression on them all. Casey's presence disappeared as both competitors ducked under the ropes, and walked into the ring.

My breathing hitched as they knocked gloves, apparently signaling that the fight was about to begin. My eyes focused on Harry as he stared down his competitor, seeing who would make the first move. Finally, the bulkier man tried to give a Harry a right hook, but he easily avoided it, rebounding with a fist to his opponents stomach. As the other man stumbled backwards, Harry gave him a rough upper cut, sending Brock to the ground unconscious.

Sweat glistened off of Harry's skin as the ref held up his right arm, indicating he was the winner. Medical staff began dragging Brock out of the ring, but no one in the crowd seemed to care as the hooted and hollered.

None of it mattered though because once Harry's eyes locked onto my own everything around me disappeared. Confusion, anger, and embarrassment flashed in his eyes. He exited the ring and walked somewhere I couldn't see.

"Wasn't that the sexiest thing you've ever seen?" Casey squealed into my ear.

"Totally," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Watching Harry fight made me feel sick, he could have easily been the one lying on the ground, unconscious.

"Hey Leah, Harry sent me here. He wants to speak with you." A medium sized male with a brown fringe said after he appeared besides Casey. I just nodded, and followed the boy towards a back room.

As we entered my eyes immediately located Harry sitting on the bench, a towel around his neck. He must've heard us enter, because he turned around and gave a small smile.

"Thank you Louis."

The boy, Louis, nodded before leaving us. I crossed the room and encased Harry in a tight hug.

"I was so scared you would get hurt." I said into his chest. He calmingly shushed me, while brushing his fingers through my hair.

"I'm the best fighter around, no one has beat me yet." He said proudly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, peering up at his hooded eyes.

"Well I just guessed you wouldn't be all for me having a career of knocking other people unconscious."

"If that's what you do to keep yourself going, I'm not going to judge you. I'm just scared for you health." I began to trace the sparrows which were etched into his skin permanently, his chest slowly rose and fell under my touch, a wave of calm falling between us.

"Harry some- oh sorry didn't know I was interrupting." Niall's accent filled the room. I tried to back away from Harry, but he held me there.

"There's some things I have to do, but please don't leave, I want to talk to you more." I nodded, hopefully Casey would agree to stick around since we drove her car here.

Harry leaned down, pressing a kiss to my forehead before walking after Niall. I sighed, already missing the warmth that spread inside of me while in his embrace.

I walked back into the arena, almost the whole crowd had already left. I easily found Casey as she jumped up and down in front of a male with a brown quiff.

"Leah, there you are! This is Liam, Liam this is Leah!" Liam was cute, his brown hair gelled up, a noticeable birthmark on his neck. He gave me a high-five, making me laugh at the introduction.

"Nice to meet you Liam." I said after our hands were back at our sides. I turned, "Casey, would you mind if we stayed late? If not I can just get Harry to drive me home."

"I'm afraid I can't, I've got so much coursework it's absolutely ridiculous!" Her squeals finally stopped and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Alright I'll see you later." She gave me a bone crushing hug before walking towards the exit.

I actually wasn't so upset she left, talking with Harry alone was definitely a more enticing concept.

Now, it was just a waiting game.