47

Harry's POV:

I grunt for what seems like the thousandth time, throwing my black tie at the wall.

Tonight is the gallery walk, and it sure as hell is going to be a good one.

I'm already running late to pick up Leah as is, so I pick up the thrown material and rush downstairs.

The house is stirring with life, guys walking around with a beer or two in hand. I'm sure that soon there will also be women here, plenty of them.

I remember when I used to party like they will, all the drinking, drugs, and sex. Now that all just seems like utter bullshit to me, and I'm glad it's not my lifestyle anymore as I walk outside.

"Harry!"

My head whips around to find an already tipsy Niall jogging over. He has grass covering the front of his white shirt, probably rolling around in the stuff, an activity he enjoys while intoxicated. Ultimately he ends up with plenty of grass stains after waking up, hungover.

"Aren't ya staying for the party?"

"Can't, I have an art thing to go to with Leah. I should be back by tomorrow if not tonight."

Niall pouts before leaning his head into my shoulder, the weight of it pushing me back slightly. After a few seconds he pulls away, "you're going to miss the Saturday party? It's the best one we have all week!"

"It's just one party, and maybe they're not really my thing anymore." I say in an accidental rude tone, not meaning to come off so arogant.

"Ever since you got a girlfriend you never want to hang out, think of how that makes me feel! Hell, how everyone feels!" His eyes widen as he waves his hands around in the air dramatically.

Great, a drunk and emotional Niall.

"Look, I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt, but I'm just trying to do greater things than get high everyday." My tone is clipped by the end of the statement, and I begin walking towards my rental with Niall still standing in my way knowing time is not in my favor at the moment.

"Are you leaving me?" He asks sounding hurt, but I decide to ignore him in his drunken state and walk to the black mustang that I was able to rent a few days ago.

"I really have to go, just talk to Liam about this." I say, brushing past him as I make a final attempt at getting to this gallery walk without being too late.

As I sit in the driver's seat I fix the mirror to how I prefer then look out the windshield to find Niall on Louis' back, out of all people I know that hanging out with Lou will make him forget about whatever the hell just happened in no time.

The ride to Leah's apartment goes smoothly, no absurd traffic or idiot drivers getting in the way.

When I pull up to the apartment she's already standing on the curb, a tight black dress perfectly fitting to her body. Her hair is up in a bun, all of her beautiful features in full view. She looks absolutely stunning and I'm practically in a daze as she sits in the passenger seat.

"You look amazing," is all I can conjure up in this state. I reach my hand across the console and run the pad of my thumb across her full lips before leaning over and planting my own over them.

My hands move to her side as my tongue enters her mouth, the sensation practically making me want to have her climb over the console so we can fuck right here, right now.

"We're going to be late," she says breathily as she has a smile pressed against my lips. Groaning, I pull away and and put the car in drive, making sure to lace our hands together after not seeing each other in what seemed like an eternity.