Chapter 2

Harry’s POV

I was woken up from my afternoon nap by someone sternly shaking my shoulders. I abruptly sat up in bed, my head spinning. “Harry, wake up. You better get ready quickly. Wouldn’t want to be late the first day.” I stared blankly at my father. Late for what? It was Friday afternoon. Where could I have to go when I rarely ever venture outside of the church and my house was oh so conveniently placed right next door? An exasperated sigh left his mouth. “Friday? Youth Group at church? I told you I signed you up for this. You need to socialize with more kids your age and what better place to do it than at church?” He lectured. “I get plenty of socialization with the kids at school dad.” I tried to convince him.

 Truthfully I barely spoke to anyone at school. I missed the old days when my mother home schooled me. Unfortunately, a few years ago my parents decided I needed more human interaction and enrolled me in a private church school. It is complete hell. The kids are all snobby assholes, flaunting about their parents money and acting as if everyone was below them. However, this was totally fine by me. The less they talked to me, the better.

“Well we’ve never once seen you talk to any of your classmates outside of school and we think this will be good for you. You’re going, end of story.” He snapped before briskly exiting and slamming my door behind him.

I swung my legs over the side of my bed and groaned, massaging my temples. I had barely gotten any sleep all week. Even when I did manage to doze off, I always ended up waking up in the middle of the night breathless and covered in a layer of sweat. It was almost easier to just not sleep at all so I wouldn’t have to deal with the frequent dreams. No two were identical but they all shared one similar trait, those haunting blue eyes. Every night they crept their way into my mind uninvited. They were always there, watching my every move like a predator about to strike. No matter how fast I ran, how hard I struggled, they were always there, keeping a watchful eye on me. Some were more vivid than others.

 I’d be walking home from school and a sudden sense of paranoia would come over me. I would walk faster and faster, the footsteps coming closer. I could feel hot breath on my neck as I began to sprint down the never ending street. But my blue-eyed demon was persistent and I could feel his evil presence as I tried so desperately to escape. I tried to push myself and run faster to increase the distance between us but me being my clumsy self-combined with my lack of and physical capabilities causes me to stumble and fall on the hard pavement. A dark shadow hovers over me and before I know it I’m being dragged into the nearby alley.

That’s when I usually wake up panting and scared. But the thing the really troubles me is the fact that those aren’t even the worst dreams. These frightening fleeing dreams I can handle. The ones that keep me up at night are much, much different.

The dreary darkness is replaced with lovely, twinkling lights all around. Screams and cries replaced with slow, melodic tunes and soft, pretty moans. My blue-eyed demon is not chasing me, but is now standing so closely behind me I can feel the warmth of his body pressed against my own. I hum in appreciation as he leans over and connects his lips to my neck. I groan in pleasure when my demon finds one of my many weak spots. He always knows just how to touch me to make me putty in his muscular yet gentle hands. I tilt my head back upon his shoulder to allow him full access. There is no denying him, he always gets what he wants. “Good boy.” He whispers. “So obedient and willing for me.” He wraps his comforting arms around my torso and pulls me in closer. I feel so content, so complete. I’m on cloud nine as his wandering hands roam my body. I want this, I need this. He spins me around and gently pushes me against the wall. He steps forward and leans in pressing his forehead to mine. Electricity shoots through my body at our close proximity. His brilliant blue eyes peer into mine and our lips are just centimeters apart. My body is completely ridged in anticipation for what is sure to come. It’s like he’s testing me, seeing how more torture he can put me through before I cave to my desire for pleasure. “Please Louis.” I whimper pathetically. He responds by tilting his head at a torturously slow rate. This is it. Exactly what I’ve been waiting for. His lips just barely begin to brush against when-

“SHIT.” I curse. How did I manage to fall back asleep in a matter of moments? I take deep breaths and push my hair off of my face. I was definitely going to be late now. I quickly peel my clothes off and jump in the shower to wash the sweat and hopefully impure thoughts off of me. These dreams were really starting to get out of hand. How did Louis manage to sneak his way into my mind so much? I try to forget him and let the hot water relax my tense muscles. A cold shower probably would have been more fitting given my previous thoughts but the hot water was working wonders to relieve my stress.

Unfortunately, I don’t have much time to relax, knowing my father will kill me if I was late. I rush out of the shower and throw on a grey jumper and jeans with converse not caring much for my appearance. I towel dry my hair real quick and I’m ready to go. I speed walk out my house and quickly to the church with only a minute until it begins. I search for the room labeled youth group and hastily pull open the door before rushing in. It’s no use, the room is already filled with teens and a ministry leader looking at me expectantly. I blush a deep red noticing all the eyes on me. If there was one thing I hated, it was definitely attention. I usually did everything in my power to stay out of the spotlight.  

“Oh uh sorry I’m late.” I mumble. “Your name?” The leader huffs. “H-harry Styles sir.” I stutter, eyes glued to the floor. The man’s eyes widen with realization. If there was one good thing about being the pastor’s son, this was definitely it. It had the occasional perks. “Ah yes well we were just getting started. You can take a seat over there.” He pointed to the remaining vacant seat in the corner. I swiftly crossed the room and took a seat without making eye contact with anyone. I focused on my hands in my lap and tried not to draw any more attention to myself.

“As I was saying” The group leader began, “We will be starting off this year with some partner activities. You and your partner will learn to work together and compromise. You will be working with the person seated next to you. But first let’s start off with a little name introduction, shall we? You in the black shirt, you may start us off.”

It was only then that I became very aware of someone sitting precariously close to my right. The person shifted in their seat. They cleared their throat and began speaking, “The name’s Louis Tomlinson.” He spoke. My eyes shot up and met his. He was not looking at the group, but only me.

No no no no no. This could not be happening. Anyone but him. I was silently praying Satan himself would crawl up from the depths of hell at this very moment and claim me as his partner. I was paralyzed with fear as he smirked and turned towards me. “Guess we’re partners, huh? What are the chances!” He chuckled lowly. It took everything in me not to run out of the room screaming. All I could do was turn slowly and stare at him. He wrapped his arm around the back of my chair and leaned in to whisper so only I could hear, “This sure is going to be fun, Harry.” A shiver ran down my spine as he mumbled the words, deliberately allowing his smooth lips to brush against my ear. I took an audible gulp and stared straight ahead. Louis let out a small laugh and patted my knee with his free hand.

What the hell had I gotten myself into?