Chapter 12

Harry’s POV

I woke with a groan and stretched out my limbs, enjoying the sensation. I felt so content wrapped up in my warm, cozy blanket, I never wanted to leave my bed. I lazily crossed one leg over the other and tilted my head in confusion at the feeling of skin. That was odd. I almost always wore a pair of comfy sweats to bed. I lifted the covers and peered down at the small shorts I was wearing. I couldn’t even remember the last time I wore these. My foggy morning brain struggled to process the cloudy events of last night.

Then it hit me.

 Shit.

When did I get home? How did I get in bed? Why have my parents not killed me yet?

My pulse began to race as countless questions ran through my head. I was absolutely dead. I had no clue why I wasn’t already. The only reason I could think of is that my parents were torturing me with the wait.

I just wanted to hide under my covers and stay in bed all day more than anything. Unfortunately, that was not an option since I had another day of hell today. I looked at the clock and sighed. I was going to be late if I didn’t get ready soon.

I silently crept towards the bathroom, not wanting to speak to my parents yet. Or ever.

I stripped off all my clothes and fidgeted with the shower until the temperature was just right. I stepped in and let the water encase my shivering body. I turned the heat up higher in hopes of it soothing me, but it was no use. Nothing could help the nerves I was feeling right now. I let out a sigh and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a plush towel around my body before sneaking back to my room.

I slowly got dressed, dreading this day. After putting on my horrid uniform I moved to the mirror to fix my hair.

A quiet gasp left my mouth as I looked at my reflection. A tentative hand raised up and lightly prodded the deep bruise decorating my collar bone. I flinched and hissed at the sharp pain. I completely forgot about the mark Louis had oh so generously left on me. I suppose I had been too preoccupied moaning his name to take notice of his brilliant white teeth piercing into my pale flesh as I came. A deep blush crept along my cheeks at the thought of last night’s events.

I quickly adjusted my collar, pulling it up higher to hide the sinful mark. For once these wretched uniforms actually came in use. My mother would surely have a stroke if I came down for breakfast sporting a fresh hickey.

I tensed at the thought of my mother. What had she thought of last night? I have never once missed curfew or acted out and I was terrified of the possible consequences. I had an uneasy feeling my father was going to lock me in the cellar of the church with choir music playing for weeks until I repented for my sins.  

I took a hesitant glance at the clock and grabbed my bag. I really wasn’t ready to face my parents yet but I would be late if I didn’t leave now.

Countless scenarios and excuses ran through my head as I descended the stairs but I couldn’t decide on one that was even semi believable. This whole deceiving my parents thing was new to me and lying felt so foreign. Knowing me I’d probably end up blurting out the truth and sobbing like a baby. I never handled conflict well.

I took a deep breath and cautiously entered the kitchen. Much to my surprise, everything seemed strangely normal. My father was seated at the table with his cup of coffee and nose in his bible as usual while my mother removed the last of the pancakes from the griddle and set one on his plate.

I let out a breath I wasn’t even aware I was holding and waited for them to notice my presence. Normally, they wouldn’t pay me any mind but I figured given the current situation they would be itching to yell at me.