Chapter 27

Hello everyone I am back from the dead

Harry's POV

I shifted awkwardly from foot to foot while nibbling anxiously on my bottom lip. From my spot behind Louis I could just make out Zayn, Niall, Luke and a few other of their friends. They were discussing plans as I awkwardly hid between Louis and the lockers. I still didn’t dare to partake in their conversations, not that I had much to input. I was lacking in the whole drugs and party department.

“So just meet us there, mate.” Niall suggested. I zoned out and stopped listening, opting to stare at the more interesting floor tiles. I paid no mind to their tedious conversation, until my head snapped up at the mention of my name.

“Hey, Louis. Why don’t you bring your little eye candy?” Zayn snickered mischievously. I instinctively stiffened and cowered further behind Louis. Zayn was the most confusing and intimidating person I’ve ever met, after Louis of course. I still couldn’t comprehend his relationship with Louis. They got in a horrid fist fight then walked around together the next day as if nothing happened. The sexual advances may have stopped, but his snide comments were still in full force.

Louis looked as if he was about to argue until others spoke up. “Yeah, come on. Let the kid live a little. Let him off his tight leash for once.” Niall bellowed, making the others laugh. His comment earned a glare from Louis.

“Yeah, come over Harry. We’ll show you a great time.” Luke peered around Louis to wink at me. My cheeks burned and I risked a glance at Louis. His glare was focused on Luke as he spoke. “He’ll do whatever he wants. Harry?” Louis looked at me questioningly, reminding me that I had the ability to speak.

“I uh… I don’t know.” I stammered foolishly. Honestly, hanging out with Louis’ friends was the last thing on earth that I wanted to do. I had never been good at rejecting people, especially ones as menacing as the crew coaxing me to go who knows where.

“Well, it’s decided then. You’re coming. See ya later.” Niall grinned, clapping my back and walking away. I stood speechless as the remainder of the boys dispersed with mumbled goodbyes, leaving me with my favorite two people. Zayn lingered next to Louis, a small smirk present on his lips.

“Well this ought to be interesting.” Zayn snickered, shaking his head slightly. A conniving smirk settled itself on Louis’ lips and I was really starting to worry. “mhm.” Louis nodded in agreement.

“What exactly are we doing?” I piped up from behind Louis timidly.

“Just chilling at Luke’s house. Good old fashioned guy’s time.” Zayn grinned somewhat manically with an evil glint in his eye. I had a feeling we had different concepts of ‘chilling.’ When I envisioned chilling with friends I think of just hanging out and talking, while Zayn’s idea was no doubt something along the lines of doing lines off a stripper’s ass. 

“We’ll see you there then, bye mate.” Louis waved to Zayn before grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the exit.

“Louis?” I questioned nervously as I squirmed in the passenger seat, “Should I be nervous?”

“Why would you be? You’re with me.”

“Exactly. I’m always nervous when I’m with you.” I laughed dryly.

Louis let out a laugh then remained silent for the rest of the ride until we pulled up to an elegant brick house nestled into the woods. It wasn’t as large as Louis’ but it was tasteful and cozy. The other boy’s cars were already parked in front of the house when Louis pulled in. Instant regret flooded through me as I gulped and exited the car, half running to catch up to Louis. I wanted nothing more than to cling to him like a leech but I refrained, feeling uncomfortable showing any affection in front of his friends. I expected him to knock when we reached the door, but to my surprise he just pushed it open and walked right in. I wondered how often they do this. Often enough that Louis felt perfectly comfortable just waltzing into Luke’s house.