Chapter 10

Harry’s POV

I let out a deep sigh of content and stretched out lazily across my bed. For once in my life, everything seemed alright. Last night had been one of the most peaceful night’s rest I had gotten in weeks. My cheeks flushed a crimson red at the thought of why I had fallen asleep so easily. I felt so dirty, yet so satisfied.

I closed my eyes once again and let myself indulge in this perfect moment. However, my tranquility was short-lived when I realized what today was, Monday. I groaned at the thought of going to school today. School was a literal hell on earth. I shortly contemplated not going, but quickly shook the thought away. There was no way my parents would let me miss a day and I would be dead if I was ever caught skipping.

I groaned and rolled out of bed to start getting ready. After a quick shower, I lazily got dressed. I pulled my ugly and awfully uncomfortable uniform, or should I say prison suit, on and shoved my books into my bag. I trudged down the stairs and through the kitchen.

“Aren’t you going to eat something?” My mother called from behind me. I just shook my head and kept walking, the thought of school always spoiled my appetite.

“Alright well I’ll be out in a minute to drive you to school.” She spoke softly. My parents knew how much I despised school, it wasn’t hard to tell. I tried not to complain too much though, my mother already had more than enough to worry about without fretting over me. That’s all she seemed to do, worry and hover over every little thing I did.  Besides, it wasn’t like my mommy could do anything to get rid of the asshole kids at school. So I guess I just had to suck it up and deal with it like usual.

I absentmindedly picked at a loose thread on my itchy sweater while I waited for my mum to come out. I just wanted to get this horrific day over with already.

After a few moments she rushed out, tucking stray wisps of her brown curls into her bun. “Hurry up, Harry! Wouldn’t want to be late.” She chirped, already halfway out the door.

“I wasn’t the one not ready.” I grumbled to no one in particular as I followed her to the car.

I remained silent for the duration of the car ride. I was in no mood to talk right now, not that I had anything to discuss with my mother anyways. Every school day was a struggle in itself. You just have to make it through today, I encouraged myself every morning. But it never got better. The days dragged on and nothing ever changed.

Before I knew it, we were pulled up in front of the great brick building. I mumbled a goodbye to my mother before getting out and starting toward the school.

I exhaled a deep breath and ascended the steps to hell. I seriously contemplated closing my head in the heavy metal door as I pulled it open. It would probably be a billion times less painful.

I made my way to my first class of the day, English. Being in all advanced classes did have the occasional perks. Since everyone else was older, I could usually sit in the back and remain unnoticed if I kept to myself.

I quickly sat down at my desk and took my supplies out. I glanced at the clock and noted we still had a few minutes until class started. The only thing worse than sitting through boring classes was being left to socialize, or in my case, try to remain unseen.

I idly scribbled random patterns on my notebook while waiting for the teacher to show up. Usually, I would keep my eyes down and ignore everyone but something made me look up and listen.

My gaze landed on a group of stereotypical popular kids seated together a few rows away. I never paid them much mind before, nothing about them was the slightest bit interesting. They were the typical jocks and sluts. I wondered in amazement how the fake blonde perched on a guy’s lap still managed to look like she was about to hit the club in these horrid uniforms. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that her skirt was probably three sizes too small. Nonetheless, the dark haired boy didn’t seem to mind as he skimmed his hand along her bare leg.