Chapter 18

A/N

Short & sweet update yay

Harry’s POV

I woke to the soothing warmth of another person pressed tightly to my side. The light peeking through the curtains felt blinding. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and nuzzled further into the crook of Louis’ neck, inhaling the familiar scent. A quiet sigh of content left my lips and Louis stirred slowly form his sleep.

“Morning babe” He yawned, cracking an eye open to peer down at me. A small smile graced his lips.

I could get used to this, waking up tangled in Louis. Especially if it meant always being greeted by that delightfully delicious morning voice of his. My toes curled at the gravely sound.

“Good morning” I whispered, suddenly shy remembering last night’s events. Well the few bits and pieces that weren’t extremely fuzzy.

My recollection started with Sarah handing me drink after drink and ended with Louis moaning profanities in my ear as I clawed and marked his back. I turned my head to the side in an attempt to hide the scarlet flush that was surely blossoming on my face.

“How’d you sleep?” Louis asked. I noticed there was something off about his tone. He seemed tense and slightly agitated. I had a sinking feeling that it had something to do with me.

“Good” I answered, sitting up. I immediately regretted it. The room spun around me and my head throbbed. I pressed my fingers to my temples, trying to ease the constant ache. My mouth was rather dry and my stomach twisted.

“How much did you drink last night?” Louis frowned.

“Uh… a lot?” I truly had no idea how many of those toxic drinks I chugged last night. Note to self, never again trust a seemingly innocent girl from school. The way Louis was scowling at me confused me even more. What was the big deal, he drank all the time. 

“Your first time? You had way too much. You won’t be drinking again.” He stated matter-of-factly. My mouth dropped at his blunt demand. I was in disbelief that he would try to order me around this way, especially when he had borderline alcoholic tendencies. Way to ruin the perfect moment.

“Excuse me? Who do you think you are?” I snapped. Maybe my tone was too rude but I refused to let him push me around again. I was sick of his crap.

Louis narrowed his eyes and sat up in the bed. “You heard me.” He responded equally as harsh. The white sheet fell down his torso sinfully and it was then that I noticed the various bruises scattered across his torso. They weren’t the good type you get from a long, hard night either. They were dark and fresh. Louis tightened his grip around the pillow in anger and let out a hiss from the sharp pain. His knuckles were cut and bruised and was that…blood?

A small gasp left my mouth as I examined his injuries. The pieces slowly fell into place. Tears began forming in my eyes and spilling over. I couldn’t believe what I had almost done. What I had caused. No wonder Louis was still bitter. “Louis..I… I’m so sorry.” I don’t know what I would’ve done if he had gotten seriously hurt. The guilt would’ve eaten me alive.

Louis’ features softened and he reached for me, pulling me back into his arms. “Shh baby” He murmured, wiping away the tears. “It’s not your fault. I shouldn’t have… I just can’t stand the thought of anyone else touching you. Drives me insane.” His grip around me tightened significantly.

I just nodded, unsure of what else to say. Sure, Louis clearly had major jealously issues, but on the other hand it was nice to have someone care so much. I can’t say I don’t blame him, I would feel the same exact way if the roles had been reversed. Another unwanted memory bubbled up to the surface.