Chapter 24

Harry's POV

I practically had to drag Louis' unwilling bum out of bed to bring me home that evening. He groaned and tried to pull me back under the sheets but I persisted. We were becoming far too sloppy and I just couldn't risk my parents suspecting anything. Louis grumbled the entire car ride until we pulled into my driveway. 

"Should've just spent the night again." He sighed, playing with fingers absentmindedly. 

"I know" I sighed, stealing a glance at my house, "but I can't live at your house, Louis. They'll get suspicious."  I leaned over for a chaste kiss before I left. "Walk me to the door?" I requested, exiting his car.

"You know...you could." I barely heard him mumble as he moved to follow me up the steps. My eyes widened at the thought. It honestly sounded wonderful- living with Louis. I shook away the silly thought. He probably didn't even mean for me to hear that and even if he did it was simply impossible. However, if I had known what my father had in store I never would've willingly returned home.

"Louis! Just the boy I wanted to see!" My father yelled as he briskly walked through the kitchen and to the front door. I cringed  and reopened the door all the way. I was so close to sending Louis on his way and avoiding a confrontation. 

"Uh sorry dad, Louis was just leaving. He dropped me off." I hinted. I really wasn't in the mood for my father's ridiculous shenanigans. After my eventful evening with Louis I wanted nothing more than a hot shower and good night's rest. I knew that wasn't going to happen when I noticed the familiar look on my father's face. He was most definitely up to something. 

"Nonsense. I'm sure he can spare a moment, right Mr. Tomlinson?" He glanced outside at Louis expectantly. 

"Of course, Sir." Louis backtracked and reentered our house. 

"As I'm sure you're well aware, your baptism is scheduled for this Sunday." My father spoke cheerfully. I watched as a quick flash of dread swept  through Louis' eyes. Thankfully my dad didn't seen to notice and continued. "I'm also assuming that you've never done this before, therefore you need to be prepared. We usually run through a practice session prior to, a dress rehearsal if you will. Unfortunately, I have important business to attend to tomorrow."  Louis and I both internally breathed a sigh of relief. The less time Louis spends with my father, the better. 

"Oh, that's quite alright Sir I'm sure I'll-" 

"But then the lord supplied as always." He continued, cutting off Louis. "I realized that this was an opportunity. Fate. Although I can't show you through the ceremony and prepare you- someone else can." My father then turned to me, grinning. I visibly tensed under his excited gaze. No. This was not happening. 

"No father I-"

"Harry here will tell you everything you need to know and answer all of your questions." He rambled on, effectively silencing my pleads. "He will one day take a leading role in the church community anyways, so he might as well get the practice. He has experienced countless baptisms and I have the utmost faith that he will ensure your welcoming into the Lord's kingdom will be splendid." 

I was about to argue and plead my case when Louis spoke up first, "That sounds like a wonderful idea, Pastor Styles. Harry has already taught me so much, I'm sure he will be very helpful with this too." I was shooting daggers at Louis from behind my father's back. This was by far the worst idea Louis has ever had.

"Perfect! The church will be at your disposal tomorrow. Come over around say, 11 o'clock. Call me if you need anything." 

"Thank you, Sir. See you tomorrow Harry!" Louis cheered overly happy as he waved goodbye. I glared at him and muttered out a goodbye before I shut the door a little too hard.