Chapter 22

Harry’s POV

I moaned around a mouthful of deliciously sweet ice cream and rich hot fudge. “I have to admit, I’m kind of offended.” Louis scoffed with a hurt expression.

“hm?” I hummed while swallowing the sugary treat.

“I’d be lying if I said the fact that double fudge brownie can you make you moan louder than I can doesn’t bother me.” I nearly choked on the cherry in my mouth and had to cough to clear my windpipe.

“Remind me again why I agreed to this.” I muttered when I could finally breathe again.

“Hm well I’m not sure but my guess is that it has something to do with my astounding good looks and charming personality.” Louis grinned, batting his eyelashes innocently.

“Yeah something like that.” I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous boy in front across from me. I was too fond for my own good.

“Well if you’re done licking that bowl clean I’d like to leave. I can think of a hundred better uses for that tongue of yours… and none can be done in this crowded ice cream shop.”

I flushed horribly and stood to leave before my rapidly tightening pants could be noticed by a room full of strangers. Louis’ dirty words always had a way of crawling under my skin and igniting something in the pit of my stomach. But these words in particular gave me a sense of unease that gnawed at the thoughts in the back of my head. I had actually been thinking about it a lot lately. I felt horribly guilty and selfish. It seemed like I was always taking but never giving. Louis was very er generous in that department and I have never once reciprocated his kindness.

Louis threaded his fingers between mine and tugged me toward his car, pulling me away from my thoughts.

“Did you enjoy today?” He asked once we were seated in his car.

“Yes, thank you for everything.” I smiled sincerely and leaned in for a sweet kiss.

“You’re welcome, babe. It was nice… going on a date. Maybe we should do it more often.” Louis suggested.

“Yeah… I’d like that.”  I placed my hand on top of his already on my leg.

Louis maneuvered the roads with ease while also rubbing soothing patterns into my knee with his free hand.

“Uh, Louis?” I spoke up suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence.

“Yes, love?” Louis shifted his gaze from the road to my face instantly.

“Can we uh… I want to… Do you mind if I come over?” I finally blurted out.

Louis eyed me questioningly but nodded slowly. “Uh yeah if you want. I mean of course I’d love to have you over.”

“Can I also borrow your phone for a second?”

“Yeah sure” He shrugged, reaching into his pocket to retrieve it. “I was just going to bring you home now because of your parents and all but I guess…”

I took the phone from his hand and slowly typed in my house phone number. It took me a moment to figure out Louis’ new high tech Iphone.

“Hello?” My mother answered on the third ring.

“Mum? It’s Harry. I was wondering if I could uh spend the night at Louis’?” I asked nervously. I glanced at Louis to see him staring at me skeptically.

“Sure, honey. Its fine with me I guess. Let me just ask your father…” She murmured, “he said it’s alright with him. I think he’s just glad you actually called for once.”