Chapter 21

Harry’s POV

I found myself seriously struggling to walk up the short steps to my house without revealing the dull ache in my bum left behind from my eventful afternoon with Louis. Of course he noticed and smirked knowingly at me as he opened up my front door. I made a mental note to make him pay for that later.

After polite small talk with my parents and a promise to see me tomorrow sealed with a chaste kiss, Louis was on his way back home. I was left watching out my window as his extravagant car sped down the road. The bliss settled and a sense of dread overshadowed my thoughts. Today had been so perfect I didn’t want it to end. Most of that dread was fueled by the dangerous voices in my head reminding me that happiness was only temporary. Good moods and contentment only lasted for so long. With every loving embrace and tender touch, I was reminded of the inevitable expiration date. Sooner or later something was bound to mess everything up and with Louis, it would most likely be the first. How long would this safe haven last before he changed his mind and decided I wasn’t enough anymore? How long before I eventually find Louis underneath another? The realization that you’re not good enough for someone is possibility the worst dose of reality in this cruel world.

I crawled into bed and pulled the sheets up high around my face with a sigh. I decided in that moment, right before unconsciousness dragged me under, to let fate take its course. Whatever happens, happens.

I’ve spent all these years praying and believing. If God is truly real, he would let me have this tiny sliver of happiness. Just this once.

--

My prayers seemed to have been answered when I was awoken the next morning by my mother’s calls. “Harry, dear! Louis is here.” I sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Surely I couldn’t have heard her correctly. It was still early Monday morning and my alarm hadn’t even gone off for school yet. “Harrrry” She called again. “Louis is on his way up!” The words had barely left her mouth when my door swiftly swung over. I jumped at the loud bang and yanked the covers up in surprise.

Louis strode over to my bed with a chuckle and leaned down to place a gentle kiss on my forehead. “Morning princess.” He cooed. I cringed at the degrading nickname. “What are you doing here so early?” I eyed him suspiciously.

“What? You’re not happy to see me?” Louis fake pouted, jutting out his bottom lip in a way that had me internally swooning.

“What…No… I’m just surprised.” I struggled to make sense of my cloudy morning thoughts. The sun was barely even rising, I had no clue how Louis was up and functioning so early. He looked energetic and perky as always while I wasn’t even sure of the year we were in.

“Well you know how I love the element of surprise” Louis sat down on the edge of my bed. “I would’ve come over early more often if I realized what a sexy morning voice you have.” He smirked, leaning down to press his lips to mine. Louis’ tongue leisurely traced my bottom lip as he was about to deepen the kiss until I shoved him away. “Not now Louis!” I quietly hissed. My gaze landing on the still slightly opened door. “My parents could walk by at any moment.” I whispered. Besides the possibility of being caught by my parents, I had other motives to not lock lips with Louis right then. However, it was far too embarrassing to admit I probably had horrid morning breath and I didn’t even want to know how disheveled my hair was. Not to mention the other huge issue I was having at the moment. If my morning breath was embarrassing then, well, this was absolutely humiliating. Unfortunately, I sort of woke with a er problem of sorts and Louis hovering over me and whispering crude things most definitely was not helping.  In fact, it was only making matters worse. I just needed to get this devilish boy as far away from me as possible and a cold shower. “Come on, babe.” Louis whined. “They’re downstairs eating breakfast, relax.” Louis nibbled and tugged on the bottom of my earlobe, causing desire to pool inside of me. I struggled to resist and lightly pushed his head away. If I didn’t stop this now my little problem would become a big one and I couldn’t afford to start something we couldn’t finish. His lips moved to my neck and sucked gently. “Louis. Stop.” I tried again but to no avail. His assault on my neck only intensified. My eyes widened as his hand dipped below the comforter and teasingly played with the hem of my shirt. “I’m not in the mood Louis.” I lied through my teeth and pushed him away. I looked down in fear that if our eyes met he would see right through my lies. My excuse couldn’t be further from the truth. Thankfully, Louis pulled away completely. “Well that’s a new one…” He mused. I remained silent, unsure of what to say. This whole encounter was too embarrassing and uncomfortable for words. My gaze was still glued to the blanket clenched between my fingers.