Chapter 14

Harry’s POV

I walked out of math with a smile on my face and Liam by my side. It just so happened that we both had english and then math together in the morning.

It was such a relief to already have a familiar face in my classes on the first day. It was unexplainable, my newly formed friendship with the boy. It usually took me ages to open up and talk to anyone, but it felt so natural with Liam. Everything from his sincere smile and gentle eyes was so warm and welcoming. I instantly felt safe and relaxed with him. Similar to the ease I feel with Louis. Or should I say felt. I was done thinking about that rude, devious pest. I struggled to push all thoughts of him aside.

“Helloo, earth to Harry?” Liam chuckled, waving his hand in front of my eyes.

“Oh, sorry. What?” I snapped out of my blissful trance.

Liam rolled his eyes and bumped his shoulder against mine. “I asked, what class do you have next?”

“Uh let me check.” I responded, setting my bag down on the table. I was so glad it was lunch time, I was absolutely starving. I opened up my backpack and rummaged around until I found it. It took a few moments of glancing over the confusing schedule to determine what class I had next. “Okay… science 104?”

“Oh… I have gym” Liam sighed, “But, it’s near the science wing, I can walk you there after lunch?” Liam offered with a grin.

“Alright, thanks.” I answered, my smile matching his.

“Wait… you said science 104?” Liam asked with a hint of disbelief.

“Uh, yeah. That’s what my schedule says.” I shrugged nonchalantly even though his expression was causing me unease. “Is there something wrong or…”

“Oh, no” Liam shook his head, “It’s just that science 104 is a class for upperclassmen.”

“Ah, well, I’m kind of advanced for my age.” I admitted sheepishly. Once of the few perks of homeschooling was that I could advance as fast as I pleased. I was pretty far ahead of my classmates in several subjects, science being one of them.

“Oh, wow. I didn’t know I was friends with the schools new genius.” Liam teased. I had to admit, it warmed my insides hearing someone other than the batty old woman from church call me their friend.

I ducked my head bashfully and glanced at the lines. “So what’s good here?” I asked.

“Come on, I’ll show you.” Liam stood and waved me toward the kitchen.

I followed close behind and inhaled the delicious scent of pizza. My parents rarely ever ordered it.

“Can we get that?” I asked hopefully, eyes locked on the cheese covered slices of perfection.

Liam glanced at the line and nodded, clearly amused. “Jeez, it’s like you’ve never seen pizza before.”