Prologue

Ellie

I woke up on the sound of my alarm clock ringing non-stop. I hate to say it but today is Monday and we have school today. The thought of Monday makes my day ruin. I think every student would agree that Monday is no other than a day that would make your head boil because it's the meaning of 'it is time to go to school'. I slowly open my eyes and flex both my arms and legs before I got up and head in the shower. It's six o' clock in the morning and class starts at seven, meaning to say, I still have an hour to prepare before classes starts. This is my usual routine, unlike my twin brother, Elliot, who gets up later than I am. Sometimes he would wake up at six thirty, worse, is when he would wake up seven o' clock and I'm already at school. We usually go to school together but sometimes when he wouldn't get up after I had my voice shouting on him, I would just go straight to school without even trying to wake him up. It would just make my day irritated if I continue to put an effort waking him up when any of my methods does not work at all.

Yes, Elliot and I are twins. We share the same features, like the green round eyes, the brown hair. But I am a girl and he is a boy that makes him look more muscular. My brother has a built body because he is in the football team and I, on the other hand, have a slim and fit body because I'm also into sports but the sport that I'm into right now is soccer. Since I was born, I have always idolized my brother and I was really fond of having him around and being with him because there is no kids around the neighborhood, that makes him my only playmate. It was hard to play the same game because we are different in gender but as days pass by, I slowly started liking the games he plays. I was like a tomboy, until now but I am still girl at heart. I just don't like wearing make-up and wearing something more girly like skirts and tops like tube where you're shoulders are seen. It makes me cringe with the thought of me, wearing them. I'm still happy of what I am even if they say that I act more of a guy than a girl because most of the guys in our school are my friends and they are comfortable having me around and I like having them around unlike some girls who would pretend that they like you but later, you'll find out that they were talking behind your back. But I still have a handful of gal friends that I'm close to, not every girl is like that. I just think that guys are much easier to be with because they are straight with their words.

I wore my favorite shirt that says 'I'm awesome' and wore my jeans as my bottoms. And let's not forget my all time favorite shoes, the converse. It's more comfortable than any shoes in the world, and I wouldn't dare to exchange them with heels. I brush my long layered brown hair and didn't bother tying them, I took my bag afterwards and went to check on my brother in his room.

"Knock knock." I said out loudly with my hand banging on his door. He didn't respond, and that means, he may have been still asleep. I sigh loudly and twisted the door knob to let myself in. As usual, what I have been guessing is true. My brother is still sleeping and snoring like a little kid. I can't believe girls in our school would love to have this dork face. Can't they see how he drool that much when he sleeps? I started cringing, as much as I want to leave this dork, I still need to wake this dork up because I don't want to take a bus. He needs to drive me to school.

I took the bottle filled with water on his desk and splash it right in front of his face. He immediately got up from his bed with an irritating look that made me laugh, "Wake up douche, it's already six thirty two in the morning."

He wipes his face with his hands, with a glare that I could handle, "You don't need to do that."

"Well you told me last time to wake you up in every means possible." I stick my tongue out and said, "I'll be waiting for you downstairs, I think mom has already finished cooking breakfast."