Chapter 19 - Just This Day

Ellie

I lean my back against my locker as I stare at the students walking in front of me, observing everyone of them.

There are those people who smiles without any worries in the world, those people who lets other people mess with them, people who are happy with the company of their friends, people who secretly loves someone yet they remain it hidden, people who fakes a smile just to put a face, people who does not care about anything around them as long as they have a phone or a book to hold and a people like me who stares at those people, thinking of whether which category do I fall under?

I should be happy right now because Matt admitted that he has feelings for me and to top that, we had a date but I couldn't seem to be happy because even if I just developed feelings to that certain someone, even if it was just then, I feel like the feelings I have for him was much stronger.

He makes me feel weak, he makes me want to just erupt whenever he smiles at me, he makes me want to kiss him and crave for him. He's intriguing that I want to know more and enter his life.

But not everything you want will fall in your hands.

Let's just face the truth, he doesn't like me like I like him.

He doesn't see me as the girl he would want to spend his time with.

I'm just his used to be enemy, his bestfriend's twin sister, to clarify it more, I'm just his friend.

Austin walks pass by my standing figure as he approaches his locker which was just a few feet from mine. He has his usual aura of a play boy, his good looking clothes and his messed up hair with a smile that makes girls want to attack him. He acts like he doesn't have any care in the world while I'm here standing, wanting to talk to him but I can't.

"Hey." Casey greets me with her usual cheerful aura but I can't seem to be affected by it.

"Hmm." I hum, I turn around and took my book out of the locker, without looking at her. It's because it won't take long until she notice that there's something wrong with me.

"How's your date with Matt the prince?" She pokes me on the shoulder, teasing me.

"It's fine." I try not to look at her because I feel like I'm going to cry.

"C'mon, just spill it out already." She urges, I feel so irritated that I want to get out of this school.

"Let's talk about it later, I have to go get something." I avoided eye contact and left her without waiting for her to say something. I run through the hallway and made my way to the comfort room.

What am I doing? Why can't I just act natural? Like as if I didn't care. Why do I have to act so vulnerable?

My hands were shaking, my heart is beating so fast and the moment I look at myself in the mirror, a questions pops out in my head, "Do I really want this?"

--

I'm standing a feet away from our usual seat, everyone's there except for me. I try to avoid everyone who's close to me and I know that by now, they're going to think that something is wrong with me because I'm usually the noisy one.

I hold my tray tightly as I try to debate whether I'll head there or not. If not, where should I go?

An arm was place around my shoulder, literally making me jump out of my feet but I was a bit relieved that nothing spilled from my tray.