Chapter 6 - Drunken Confessions

Ellie

I can't explain what I'm feeling right now. I'm happy, really happy as to how Austin treated me yesterday, he was completely different, we might have a lot of memories that happened in the past that were really unpleasant but remembering how he treated me yesterday just made me really happy and to think that I felt special when he shared me his secret paradise. I'm also a bit irritated and mad at myself for being so happy like this because I shouldn't be just acting like this way because I look like I'm madly in love with Austin when I literally know that I hate him, well let's just say that I started considering him calling my friend than my number one enemy.

"Uhm—El," Casey disrupts the bubble that's forming inside my head, I was recalling the memory that had happened yesterday, it was really memorable, it makes me happy. Maybe because I see a little side of Austin that I didn't expect to see and it was making me more curious because I want to know more about him and happy because he was really different than his usual jerk attitude. "You know that you were really zoning out since this morning and you didn't even give us any information of what happened with you yesterday. The way you look right now explains to me that you were thinking about what happened yesterday and I think it involves a boy—" She smiles, "And I think it's Austin because he wasn't at school yesterday."

I bit my bottom lip and directed my attention to Ms. Fischer, she's our chemistry class teacher. I'm glad that we get to choose our lab partners and I happen to be lucky because Casey is pretty good at chemistry, while I, on the other hand, is clumsy. So I shouldn't be really holding any chemicals because last thing I remember, I almost spill acetic acid on my lab partner last year, good thing she saw that the chemical was about to spill on her, making her way as far as possible from me and the chemical. "Hmm—you might get the wrong idea though—" I said in a low voice, "But don't get any wrong idea okay? I think that I started to like Austin—" Casey eyes widen in shock after hearing my explanation which was a bit different from what I was thinking.

"Are you out of your fucking—" I cut her off, shutting her mouth before Ms. Fischer looks at us, glad that we're seated at the back.

"I don't like 'like' him in a way that I want to be with him," I rolled my eyes, "I started to like him in a friendly way, like I don't consider him to be my number one enemy anymore."

She breathes after I let go off her mouth, "And I thought you like him which is a major suicide, after all the bitchy thing he has done to you—" She leans her elbow on the desk and rested her chin on her palm, "But it's kind of odd to hear this from you, like what exactly happened that made you think that Austin the douche bag is actually your friend now? I mean yes, we're friends with them but I don't actually think that you would say that for the past years that you spend on hating him."

"Well he showed me a side of him that I haven't seen before, I was really happy. He was really different. Elliot was right, there is more to him." I smiled widely, "I just want to know more about him because I know there is something more to him that I haven't seen before because like you said—I was busy hating on him, he only told me before that he didn't really consider me his enemy, so all this time, I was the only one hating him when he doesn't even feel the same to me." I sigh, "I must have been just blind that I was busy thinking he just wants to annoy me when he really just do that in a way to communicate—because we won't really be talking about any else unless we start to fight." That's how I think about it why he insisted to fight me because we weren't really close and we could only speak to each other when we're going to get to each other's nerve. I know, I must be really insane to make excuses and think about the brighter side just because of one event that I shared with Austin. But I really want to know more about him because there's something within me that is willing to find out.