Chapter 38 - You're Naïve, Not Literally

Ellie

"We're together."

Those are the words that bring music to my ears and I can't stop myself from smiling whenever Austin say those words with his hand locked to mine.

I often said that I don't expect to have him as my boyfriend and to even picture this moment that this is even going to happen in my life.

Now that we're together, there's no day that Austin showed his affection for me and even though we have petty fights, we always mend things in the end of the day and forget that we even had the fight in the first place.

A lot of things changed and happened after I and Austin are officially together.

Austin and I became the hot couple in our school and girls start to back off when they knew that he's already taken.

I expect that I will have a lot of enemies after girls found out about our relationship but it didn't actually turn out that way and instead, many would want to be me as their friend which made Casey over protected because she claims that they're acting like that just to hear juicy gossips about how I and Austin ended up together.

My friends didn't stop teasing on us whenever they saw us together and in the same time, they felt weird of having to see us when we used to never get along well.

Elena, Austin's childhood friend and his first love, decided to drop out of school. I wasn't able to talk to her or confront her after the little trick that she pulled last time but I heard from Austin that she bid her farewell to him and told him that she's going to a different school and she's ready to move on from all the drama that she has caused.

My parents were actually cool about my relationship with Austin but if Austin decided to visit our house, he has to stay only in the living room which means, he couldn't go upstairs, even at Elliot's room in which he used to hang out often.

Though he always sneaks up on my room whenever it's late in the evening and I'm quite relieved that my parents haven't noticed or even found out about it yet especially when his room is just across from mine.

In the other hand, Austin's parents had officially met his girlfriend. Never in their life have they thought of Austin, bringing a decent girl in the house and calling him, his girlfriend.

His mother, Suzy, was actually relieved that I'm the girl that he's with and that his dad, was happy that he had signed off from having to be a trouble maker and bringing different girls in the room which made me feel a bit annoyed whenever I remembered it.

Graduation is almost near and before that even happens, we still have prom to attend to this coming week.

This year has been stressing, not only because of the drama that happened in my life but also because we're in senior year, we have exams to think of, college entrance exam results to wait for and a lot of project and researches to do before we could even graduate.

But everything that we worked hard for and have done this year was not all that stressing but it is also worth celebrating, worth remembering and worth to cherish.

A lot of things may happen after we graduate to school and enter college but one thing is for sure, the memories that we built with our friends will never be forgotten.

"You've been silent for the past thirty minutes since lunch started." Casey intervenes my silent space as I was thinking of a lot of things, now that we're graduating in two weeks' time.

I breathe heavily with my eyes looking lazily at my food that is seating in front me, "I can't believe that we're graduating."

I'm also stressed about the college entrance exam. I want to take up engineering and the results would be out next month and I can't wait to see the results because it's my dream to be in the University that my parents graduated to.