Chapter 37 - I Love You, So Damn Much

Ellie

Have you ever felt the feeling of wanting to escape out from the place you're currently on and be somewhere that no one knows you but yourself?

That's my exact feeling that I would want to do right now if I had the chance.

After Austin declared our relationship, my parents were being cool about it because they haven't said something that could totally lose my brains out and instead, they let Austin in to have dinner with us.

My heart is pounding non-stop as I gaze at the television in front of me with both Elliot and Austin seating beside me.

We're currently at the living room right now and my parents are in the kitchen, preparing dinner. While the three of us wait for them to call us.

"I didn't expect that you're actually going to do it." Elliot started the conversation with his eyes glued on the television in front of us.

"You knew it all along and you didn't even told me." I said in the softest tone possible to prevent my parents from hearing our conversation.

"Ella, it's a surprise, and by that—you're not supposed to know about it." Austin clarifies making me roll my eyes with his sarcastic remark.

I sigh heavily as I turn my direction to him, "It's not like I don't appreciate your way of admitting to our parents that you love me and we're in a relationship, it's just that I should've help you overcome this and we should have planned it out together."

Elliot places his hand at my back, tapping it, as if he was trying to tell me to stop the conversation, "I'm the guy, I should be the one to visit your parents and tell them that I like their daughter." Austin said eagerly.

I know that he's right but I think it would have been best if I was beside him, I could've help him or planned out something. This event that had occurred was surprising and I wouldn't even doubt that my parents are not in shock of having to hear Austin's confession.

"I've got to admit," Elliot intervenes with the conversation, "I admire what you did, and by that, I'm one hundred and one percent happy that you're the guy that my sister is dating."

I shouldn't be smiling right now but I can't help but feel the smile forming on my lips the moment I heard Elliot said that.

It was sweet of him and I couldn't think of any better way but to hug him.

"I would like to have a hug later too." Austin said as his eyes were settled on me and Elliot.

I don't usually do hugs with my brother but when I do, my brother would probably think it's gross but right now, all he did was hug me back.

"I'm not sure though." I tease at Austin making his face red with a reason that I don't know of.

I'm nervous of what my parents has to say but right now, all I can do was just hold his hand and be there for him, especially when he needed the most.

--

"So, since when have you taken interest of my daughter." Dad said with his eyes glued at Austin.

I wouldn't think that this event is funny at all but I can see Elliot chuckling as if he finds this scenario interesting.

Austin has only taken few bite from his food and I won't blame him if he wasn't that hungry when your girlfriend's father is interviewing you non-stop.

"Dear, you could have let him finish his food first, he might have choked you know." Mom jokes, making Elliot burst a fit of laughter and all I can do was turn red in embarrassment.