Chapter 14 - Twenty Questions

Ellie

I wasn't sure if Austin was joking or not but after hearing him say that he has fallen in love made me flustered and nervous in the same time. I don't know the particular reason why but I'm sure that the girl that he has fallen for is not me. Besides, why am I expecting that he'll like me back? It's not like I want to be with him even if I had admitted that I like him. I already know what I want, and that is to be friends with Austin and remove this feelings I have for him and to get closer to Matt because he's the guy that I like from the first place.

Time went by quickly, I didn't really noticed it until lunch has passed. Our lunch break went the usual, boys have their conversations on the upcoming football game next month and I and the girls kept on talking about school stuff and how I and Lila are excited on the soccer game before November. I asked Casey to keep my feelings for Austin as a secret, meaning—she don't have to tell anything to Lila. Lila is really a nice friend and all but I'm not really confident to tell it to her yet especially when I remember she used to point out that Austin likes me when clearly, it's not.

After the lunch break, on Tuesdays, I have a class on Physics. I don't like Physics because like Math, there are formulas and solutions that make my mind go insane. I don't really like solving mathematical problems and I find Physics just the same as Math. Another reason why I really hate it is because Austin is my classmate. I used to have the idea of skipping class because of it because Austin loves to tease me even if I haven't had the feelings for him. Even if I hate it, I can't skip classes so what I do in order to keep my distance from him is to wait for him to find his seat and when he does, I'll probably look at the farthest seat, so I'll be away from him.

The only difference now is that I like him, I already considered him as a friend and not an enemy so I'm pretty conscious on how should I do right now. Should I stick with Anti-Austin or naturally friendly?

When I enter the classroom which is half full, I try to find where Austin is, I will probably act the Anti-Austin because if I did it on a naturally friendly way, he'll probably know that something is off and being the cocky guy he is, he might think that I like him.

He wasn't on the classroom yet, they're probably talking with their coach to arrange their practice schedule. I find a sit on the back and walk towards it for me to claim before anyone who hates Physics as much as I do get it.

I plop down my things on the floor and place my physics book on the table, and my pencil case. I'm really neat and ready even if I hate this subject because I still try to focus so that I won't fail.

The guy seated next to me is from the basketball team who I don't really talk to. He's hair was messy and he's sleeping on his desk without any care in the world. I'm kind of relieved that he's not snoring right now because if he is, I will probably be focused on his snoring and not on Mr. Spencer's teachings.

Austin walks through the door frame with his bag slung on his shoulder, he met my eyes for a second before he lands his attention to the seat next to me. Obviously, he has the thought of wanting to seat next to me so that he could annoy me more but to his dismay, the seat has been taken.

There's a slight irritation on his face but he tries not show it. He plops down on the seat which is three seats away from mine and took his book from his bag. After a couple of minutes, Mr. Spencer arrives with a small box, his laptop and his bag. He greeted us with a smile and something tells me that whenever he smiles, he has something on his sleeves. It could be a pop quiz, an oral recitation or a research project. He's really a kind teacher but when it comes to giving assignments, projects, test and grades, you'll probably think that he's not that kind at all.