Chapter 39 - Everything is Perfect

Ellie

When I was a child, I dreamed to be a princess and I think most girls do. But even so, I never imagined that I could even look like one because of the way that I dress and how I act.

They always see me as someone who isn't girly or even fond of girlish things when there is a little part of me wanting to look one.

I did look like one when we started the makeover project but what made me feel like I actually look like a princess that I would always want to look like when I was still a child is right now as I stand in the mirror with the gown that I'm wearing for prom.

My mother helped me with doing my make-up and she was able to put a light one that isn't overly dramatic and in the same time, it suits the emerald green gown that my father brought in secret.

I already brought a dress for prom when I was with Casey but after having to see that my dad has a surprise for me, I wasn't able to use the one that I brought and took the one that my father gave me as a gift.

The gown that I'm wearing has a portrait back that leaves a part of my back seen and the front was in a v-neck style that manage to reveal my neckline and small part of my chest. It wasn't too revealing and in the same time, it was innocent looking and pretty. What made me feel love the gown more was because of the beaded applique bod in the top part of the gown that made it sparkle.

My hair was styled in big curls and a silver bobby pin was clipped on the left side of my hair to keep it behind my ears while the other part reveals my now curled bangs.

"Are you ready to take a picture with your brother?" My mother peeked through my room, "Oh my dear, you're so beautiful." She compliments as soon as she enters my room to have a look of me.

"Mom, you're exaggerating too much." I rolled my eyes in irritation making her chuckle, "But you are—you look so beautiful that I can't keep my eyes off of you."

"Seriously mom, stop it." I feel like my head is going to get big because of her compliments but not that I don't think that I do look beautiful, I'm just not used of having to hear those compliments because they usually scold me of having to look like a guy.

She snap a picture instantly, blinding my eyes because of the flash. Whenever we take pictures, mom usually forgets to remove the flash when it is not necessarily needed.

"Forget to turn off the flash again." She laughs at her mistake, making me chuckle at her usual act.

"Let's just go down and have a picture with Elliot," I said, "Be sure to turn of the flash okay?" I added, earning a chuckle from my cute mom.

--

The moment I stepped on the last step on the staircase my father and Elliot has their eyes on me and I think that they are too speechless to even say anything.

"Compliments?" Mom interrupted the silence that is filling in the room, earning a chuckle from dad.

"I told you emerald green looks good on her, and you told me blue is better." Dad said to mom, "Dear, you look beautiful." He said when he is now facing me.

"What have you done to my sister?" Elliot snapped. He was apparently joking because a smile was now plastered on his lips, "I bet that you're going to win as the prom queen."

"I bet that if I were to win one, Alexandra will probably asked for a re-count because she absolutely hates me but as much as I want to see her get irritated, I don't think I would ever win." It's true. I bet Casey will be chosen as the candidates than me because she's good at showing her good looks while I'm good at showing my skills in sports.