Chapter 10 - What Am I Doing?

Ellie

Spend time with me? Is he losing his mind? Why would this jerk want to spend his time with me? There are a lot of questions floating inside my head and I couldn't even find any answers.

1. How did he know that I'll be here at the bonfire party?

2. Why is he even observing on what was happening between Matt and I?

3. Why is he asking me to spend the night with him?

He must be seriously out of his mind telling me this.

"Are you out of your mind?" I snap, "Why are you even doing these things to me? Why can't you just leave me alone?!"

He laughs at my outburst and stand there with my dress hung on his shoulder, "Chill baby, it's a wonderful evening, no need to be grumpy and ruin it." He wiggles his eyebrows, "Now what do you say? I'll give it back if you spend the night with me?"

If I spend the night with him, the chance of being close to Matt will disappear within an instant and he'll probably get the wrong idea if I ever spend the night with Austin. But, if I ever didn't get to have my dress back, I'll be walking in the cold night with just my bikini on which I'm not comfortable with.

"Fine!" I retorted. His mood lightens and he finally speaks, "Fine what? You're going to spend the night with me?"

I started laughing, "You're kidding me right?" I rolled my eyes in irritation, "As much as I want to have my dress back, you can keep it than I spend the night with you." I started walking away from him and he follows me from behind, "Fine, suit yourself then."

"I will." I argued.

"What did you see with that douche anyway? He's not even the hottest guy in the campus." He exclaimed.

I snorted, "So what? At least he's nicer than a guy like you!" I retorted.

"A guy like me?" He sound offended, "I'm hot, handsome, the football captain, most of the girls love me, popular and by just having that, I have the whole package."

"Let me see, you're a bad boy because you always cause trouble, always in detention, a playboy who breaks girls heart and treats me like his own pet." I said bluntly, "Even though you have the whole package, you still have some things you need to sort out and by just that, it means Matt is much of a nice guy than you."

"I don't cause trouble, it's just that they send me in detention for doing something I don't know that it's inappropriate," I doubt that though, "It's not my fault that girls throw themselves at me and it's bad to refuse when they want me, and I don't treat you like a pet." He retorts, "And stop comparing me with that nerd because I'm much of a guy than him."

"I can't deal with you right now, I have someone waiting for me." I said annoyingly.

"Who? Matt?" He hisses, "Trust me, that guy is not someone who you deserve because he only notice you when you change your appearance, and by just seeing that, he's not someone who you need to be with."

"Austin!" I called out his name in a high tone, "Can you please stop this! What do you even care? It's my life, I can do whatever I want, so please, stop annoying and confusing me!" I blurted out.

"Where are you going anyway?" He changes the topic and kept his cool. I can't believe he's being a complete idiot. Isn't it evident that I don't want to be with me?

"None of your business." I said annoyingly.

He didn't respond and after minutes, I turn around to check if he was still there but he wasn't. Am I too harsh on him? Why did I have the sudden feeling of being guilty when it's his fault that I became mad anyway? I shake my head and try to remove his existence in my head. I should head where Matt is, I promised him that I'll be there.