Chapter 2 - The Cocoon Effect

Ellie

School is cancelled today because there has been a problem with the electricity. It was the best day ever because I don't have to go to school today, but instead of having the time all for myself, Lila and Casey are currently in my house and decided that we should use the time wisely and prepare for the makeover project because they want to transform me into a different girl by tomorrow. I don't know why they are rushing me but I had told them to take things slowly, especially that I don't want to get all the attention.

"Should we go shopping or should we start with the girl's essentials?" Casey scooted beside me, and tried blinking her eyes multiple times, she was acting like a kid who is hype on something but is trying her best to be calm.

"Girl's essentials? You mean, shampoo and soap?" I inquired.

She hits me in the head with the use of my book, "Idiot! I don't know what to do with you." She sighs.

I envy Elliot. Because by this time, he is still asleep comfortably on his bed, I wish I could just push my friends out of this room and have the bed all by myself.

"Make-up." Lila corrects my answer, "We'll help you how to apply make-up and fix your hair."

"There's nothing wrong with my face and my hair." I happen to like my straight long hair and my face that does not need any make up at all.

Casey breathes heavily, she instantly traces my eyebrows with the use of her fingers, "These needs some plucking." I was surprised for her to say that, I love my eyebrows, they are on fleek. "They are on fleek, other girls envy them!"

"Yes they are but there are still few hairs scattered and needs to be removed," She gets closer to me, observing my face which was very uncomfortable for her to do, "You need to try some facial mask, to at least soften your skin."

"That does not soften your skin at all, it just hurts your face when you removed them." I sarcastically said. Casey immediately glared at me, she's scary, "Either you do what we say or we'll stop right here, right now."

I close my mouth and looks at her, "Good." She replies.

Lila and Casey had me go through a very tough challenge. They pluck my eyebrows which made me scream bloody murder every time they remove a single one. It made Elliot shout at us from his room because he said that we're disturbing his sleep.

Second, they placed a face mask on my face which Lila had brought. She has a lot of these and brought me some, so I could use it. It didn't really hurt that much and I felt relaxed after removing it. They made me apply hair treatment on my hair, which give it a vibrant and soft appearance. It wasn't really that bad until they place the make-up kit on my desk which I shake my head numerous of times as they attempt to apply foundation.

"El, you need to do this." Casey suggests with the foundation at hand, "You need to apply this to look more girly and appealing, and you also need to pay attention because you have to apply this all by yourself after this day."

"But I don't really understand why make-up is a necessity when it's like a colorful dirt just placed on your face." I covered my face with the use of my hand, "Seriously El, one more excuse and we're not going to talk to you." Lila said seriously.

I remove my hand from my face and sigh, "Fine."

Casey and Lila formed a smile on their face after I had agreed. They were putting all sorts of stuffs on my face, such as the foundation, blush-on, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipstick. They were explaining how to apply it and how to lightly and darker should I put it. They said that light make-up suits me well, that's why I shouldn't put a lot on my face. It gives me more a natural and attractive look that suits me.