Chapter 36 - I Think I'm Getting A Heart Transplant

Ellie

It's Sunday. I and Elliot are finally home.

It's not that I don't like staying at the Prince's household. I really find their company welcoming and not to mention the fact that I would miss those times when Austin tend to sneak in my room just for a cuddle.

A lot of things happened in the past week and one of those things is having to call Austin my boyfriend. 

Up until now, all I can feel is butterflies on my stomach and the feeling of never ending happiness whenever I remember it.

"So, is there anything I should know about?" Mom started the conversation as she places the souvenirs that she brought on the counter.

"Yeah, anything good to hear?" Dad was seating on one of the chairs that is placed on the counter while he helps mom unload some things on the box that they brought home with them.

I was actually nervous when they asked the specific question. Mainly because, a lot of things happened recently and I don't think I could spill the beans when I'm not sure of what will their reaction be, especially my father who is strict about dating.

"Nothing in particular." I said immediately as my eyes landed on Elliot who's busy biting on his apple.

He raises an eyebrow when I glance at him and I can't depicter whether he knew what I was signaling about or he's too busy to even care right now.

"You should come with us next summer, I mean, Paris is just wonderful." Mom said with a spark in her eyes. It seems to me, she's not over with the one week vacation that she looks like she's missing the place.

"Yeah sure, that would be fun." Elliot sneered, "Though I think it'll totally be fun when I and Ellie have someone we could go to," He winks playfully at mom and the reaction of dad was a bit weird.

"What are you trying to say Eli?" Dad raises an eyebrow as he glances at Elliot.

Elliot suddenly became pale with dad's reaction and all I can feel right now was my heart hammering against my chest. I feel like Elliot was going to tell on me to our parents but I sure of it that he's not the type to spill.

"I was just saying that it would be fun to have someone, you know—girlfriend," He points at me, "Boyfriend."

What are you doing Elliot?

I kept a straight face and did not show any change of expression because I think they will know that there's something up when I do something that is a bit weird.

I'm not good at lying and I'm certainly not the type of person who's good at hiding.

"Well," Dad sighs, "It's okay but I have to meet the particular person first, especially when it comes to Ellie."

My eyes widen with the sudden name drop. I know that Dad is just being overprotective but I can't keep the reaction all to myself, especially when he's pertaining to me as his subject.

Mom pats the head of dad after realizing that he's doing his overprotective remarks again, "Ellie is all grown up now, I think she'll chose a more decent and kind person." She turns her direction at me, "Right Ellie?"

And before I could nod and shake the topic off, Elliot started laughing and I can't help but to feel irritated.

All of us are looking at him in a weird way until he finally calms down, "It's just weird to think that she's going to have a boyfriend, you know, kind and decent." He jokes.