Chapter 16 - What Should I Say?

Ellie

My mom is just outside of my bedroom door and we're just seating here, frozen.

"Mom." I say in a panic tone, directing my attention to the one only Austin who sits frozen on the floor.

"Austin." I called his attention again and before I could wait for him to respond, I immediately get back to my seat and open the textbook, completely ignoring Austin.

The door open within the instant and my mom greeted us with her welcoming tone, "Good evening you two, I brought take outs." I turn to look at her and greeted her with a smile, "I thought you'll be home later?"

"Yeah, but it ended quite early than we expected." She handed the brown bag to Austin and the other bag to me. "Eat those up before both of you start with the project." She smiles sweetly before closing the door of my room.

Silence quickly surrounded the room and it was completely awkward. I could still feel my heart beating so fast and nothing can calm it down. I knew that it was a bad idea kissing him but it made me feel good and in the same time, it makes me want him. But this can't be it. He's not the guy I want to be with, I already planned this thing out. Being with him, will only hurt me, the kiss was just a dare, it turned to a make out session because things got out of hand but it does not mean because he has romantic feelings towards me. I'll ignore it, just like I always do. This is nothing, it's just a dare.

"So—" He cuts off the silence as he starts to speak, "About the kiss."

"Yeah, the dare." I imply, turning my head around to divert my attention to the text book.

"About that, I don't know what to say right now." He says awkwardly.

"Me too." I said truthfully.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks within the instant after I respond.

Honestly? No. I'm mad at myself for letting me do this. I know it was a bad idea but I didn't do anything about it. That's why I had to suffer the consequences.

"No."

"Really?" He pushes the subject further. The more he tries to ask me about it, the more I get mad and the more I feel nervous and uncomfortable. I don't feel easy with this subject.

"Let's just forget about what happened." I say dismissing the topic. I don't want this to be an issue. This is nothing. We don't have to pretend that this kiss has something because clearly, I'm the only person who likes him.

He snorts, but he didn't say anything about what I said.

"It's not like we're a thing or as if we like each other." I added, I focus my direction to the book that I'm looking right now. I try to read but as my eyes pass in each words, I couldn't really understand. As if I know what the words are in the book but I couldn't understand it clearly.

"What if I want to?" He asks suddenly, making my heart pound rapidly compared before. Is he crazy or is he just playing games with me? Probably he is. He's good at that, he's a playboy.

"As if a playboy like you want to get serious with someone like me." I said laughing, I know I'm faking it. But this is the only thing I could say. I can't just say that I like him because it's not like he likes me.

"Yeah, as if you like a playboy like me, right? You like nice guys, like Matt." He implies, making my head boil with no particular reason.

"Yeah, so let's forget about it."

"Like we should always do."

"And never talk about it again."

"As if it never happened."