Chapter 20 - Bad Feeling

Ellie

The thing about faking your sleep is that it's really hard. I can't focus or remain frozen especially that the guy who is carrying me right now is Austin Prince. His scent is so addicting and it's making me want to lean on his hard chest. If he only knew that he has affected me in so many ways.

Minutes later, I heard him unlock his car and then he slides me in the passenger seat, buckling me with a seat belt. I don't know until when I should continue this charade because pretending that you're sleeping is harder than it seems.

I heard him enter and start the engine immediately. Before he could even drive, I felt his hands touch the back of my head and neck as he carefully leans my head on the window. I didn't know that Austin has a sweet and gentleman manner, it makes me like him even more and I can't stop.

--

I think it's only a couple of minutes after he started driving that I pretended that I was slowly waking up. I start to pretend yawn and open my eyes slowly. I should remind myself that I'm surprised because if I was calm, he knows that there is something wrong going on.

"What the fuck?" I spat out. I'm good at pretending, I should be an actress one day. "Where the hell am I?"

"Relax cupcake," He says cheerfully with his eyes glued on the road, "We're cutting class."

"Again?!" I spoke out loud. I think I'm over reacting. But really, why are we cutting classes again when clearly, he should be calling out Alexandra to be with him.

"Because you need to have fun, especially after the fight a while ago."

I'm not going to lie but my head still stings and my stomach is somehow painful but bearable. "Well, it wouldn't happen in the first place if you hadn't called her."

"I'm sorry." He apologizes. It was evident that he was genuine about it and it makes my heart pound with his little gesture. "It's my fault, it was childish of me to do so."

If he really likes Alexandra in the first place, he should just throw himself at him, why bother pretend like he doesn't like her when he truly does.

"You were, are you really that into Alexandra?" I scoff, "I mean, it feels like you like her and oh my gosh," my eyes widen, I was trying to pretend that I finally had the idea, "Is she the girl you're talking about? The girl you like?! You just pretended that you don't because I hate her? Is that it?"

It was only minutes that silence evaded the atmosphere in the car until he started bursting out with laughter and I can't understand why. "You're so clueless."

"I'm not, don't deny when you're already caught red handed." I cross my arms against my chest and I flinch when I felt the pain in my stomach, I think I have a bruise.

"I'm sorry but you're wrong on this one." He starts to calm down and he later smiles, taking a quick glance at me, "Let me give you a clue on this one."

"C'mon, I'm listening." I focus my attention to him as his eyes were focused on the road.

"The reason why I called Alexandra was because I was trying to make someone jealous." He explains and I was a bit shock that he just did that.

"To the girl you like and it's not Alexandra?" I know that the girl isn't me but I'm somehow relieved to find out it wasn't Alexandra. Though I was also affected on his little jealous play. The girl is really lucky if you asked me.

He nods in respond and he quickly turns left to park in front of a drug store. Why are we here again?

"Where are we going anyway?"