Chapter 29 - Miss My Soon To Be Girlfriend

Ellie

I didn't get to check my Facebook. I turned off my phone the minute I saw my BFFs message the day after I changed my status. I wasn't ready for their reaction and I don't even know what to say. I just changed it into 'it's complicated', I didn't actually chose the 'I'm in a relationship', because I and Austin are not there yet.

So, what's bothering them? And why am I feeling nervous of what to say to them?

Austin's been acting the usual, he does not seem to care about what happened with the event that occurred last Saturday and he makes it seems that he was happy about it.

"It's complicated?" Elliot starts the conversation after we finished eating breakfast. It's Monday and it's only minutes before we could go to school.

"Yeah, I was just messing around." I tried to act cool and he seems suspicious about it.

"Yeah—but the weird part about that is why you and Austin changed it in the same time?" Elliot leans on the door frame of the front door while I was seating on the porch as we wait for Austin.

"Fine." I was nervous but I have to make up with a lie, "Austin dared me to and he told me that he will change his too, I mean, it's fascinating to see that every girl in the school have the knowledge that he is taken when he's really not." I laugh and he didn't change his expression.

"So—" I sigh, "Where did you go the other day, it's been late and I was knocking on your door and you weren't there?" I didn't actually did that, it was an excuse just to know where he's been when Austin told me that I should have kept it as a secret.

"Ace—" He scratches the back of his neck, "—I was getting bored and Austin told me that he was going to sleep early and I thought I could crash on someone else's place for the mean time."

"I know when you're lying." I said and he pretends he didn't hear as he took his phone from his pocket, "Where is Austin? We're going to get late." He changes the topic, making me more suspicious.

"Present." Austin pops out of the door with his usual look that always attracts the girls in the school. His hair was messy but it suits him as he was wearing his v-neck black shirt, making him look more built and attractive in the same time.

He smiles at me for seconds before he leads the way towards his car. Elliot and Austin agreed to use his and our car in an alternate in going to school. So today, it's Austin's car and tomorrow will be our car.

Before Austin heads on the driver seat, he opens the back door for me while Elliot wasn't looking. It made me smile as he winks at me playfully while Elliot wasn't around to see it. He never fails to make me feel this way and I was happy whenever he's with me and whenever he does small things for me.

--

"Can you explain this to me?" Casey rushes on to me the moment she saw me standing in front of my locker. "It's complicated?"

"Yeah—about that," I was going to explain until Lila shows up, "Are you in a relationship with Matt?" She asks and I was annoyed that they didn't even let me continue.

"Why are you guys overreacting, it was just nothing. It was just a simple dare and I and Matt are over, even though we haven't started yet." I said in an annoyed tone as I turn my back against them.

"Since when are you going to tell me that you and Matt are over?" Casey questions.

"I don't know, I just don't want to talk about it for the time being." I reply casually and Lila decided to talk, "How come you're living with Austin and the moment he changed his status, you did too?"