Chapter 30 - We're Definitely Screwed

Ellie

"What's wrong with you?" Elliot turns his direction at me while my eyes start to fixate on the window beside me.

We're on our way home to Austin's house and the confrontation that I had with Elena keeps on bothering me, especially that I lied. I know that I and Austin has feelings for each other but we're not on the part where I could call him my boyfriend and I can't believe that I manage to declare that we're a thing to her when clearly, we're not.

It looks like I'm some possessive girl which I am not. I just don't know why I had to tell her that when I shouldn't. Maybe because I just want to rub it on her face that she has to get over it and move on or there is a little part of me that is somehow afraid that Austin will finally recognize that he still has some unfinished feelings for her.

I don't know what to do anymore.

First, I haven't been honest with my best friends and Elliot.

And now, I have to lie about the relationship that I have with Austin.

What if Elena decides to tell everyone in the campus that I and Austin are a thing? I'm sure a lot of girls would hate me and in the same time, she'll have fun making my life miserable.

"Earth to Ellie?" Elliot flicks my forehead with the use of his fingers and it manage to make me turn my direction at him.

"What do you want?!" I retorted. He was a bit taken back with the tone of my voice and my grumpy mood, I can't blame him, I look like I have a major problem that I have to fix this instant or I'm going to lose my brain.

"Woah, someone forget to bring her happy pill." Austin teases while his eyes are focused on the road.

"I'm sorry," I breathe heavily as I try to keep myself calm, "I'm just not feeling well, that's all."

"It's okay, you will find another man who will like you Ellie, if it's about Matt that's making you feel that way." Elliot said. He makes it sound like I'm heart broken when I'm clearly not.

Though how were they able to know about that part when clearly, I have only told it to Casey and Lila earlier. Take note, I haven't even told them the whole story yet.

"Wait, how did you exactly know that?" I raise an eyebrow as I stare at Elliot's back. He chuckles for seconds before delivering me his reply, "Well Casey brought it up this lunch and she's a bit annoyed that you didn't even showed up to explain your side to her." Elliot turns his head around to look at me, "She must be really pissed that her bestfriend is dodging and avoiding her."

"Elliot," I snap, "Just shut up please." I smile sarcastically as he finally let it go and decided to talk to Austin about the supposedly upcoming football game that had been moved to a different date.

--

My eyes were glued at my phone as I try to debate whether I should call Casey or not. She's my bestfriend and she does not deserve this kind of treatment when she's always honest with me. Though I'm not yet confident whether I should tell her everything especially that I and Austin wants to take this relationship slow and hidden first.

I was immediately startled when someone barged in my room and it was only my annoying brother, "What's up?" He greets with a sly smile on his lips.

"What do you want?" I ask in an annoyed tone.

He didn't seem to be annoyed with my mood as he plops in my bed without any care in the world, "The gang are going out, want to come with?" Elliot smiled. He knows that there's something bothering me but he didn't even bother asking. I guess that he doesn't want me to be pressured because he often let me tell him my problems whenever I'm ready. But right now? I'm not.