Chapter 35 - I'm Happy For A Fresh Start

Ellie

I'm Austin's girlfriend.

And he is my boyfriend.

I can't believe it. Having to realize that he is my boyfriend is still unbelievable.

We used to be in a cat-dog relationship and it's a routine that we always do not get along but for the past months, this senior year, everything started changing and all I can say is that, I'm happy.

Changes are usually hard and are not easy to accept but for me, this change that I have experienced recently made me feel like I'm on top of the world.

Having to think of the first time we met and what we have right now makes me laugh because I wouldn't image him, being my boyfriend.

--

Summer before freshmen year

Ellie

My eyes are focused on the window as I saw a big truck parked in front of the house next to us. Nobody has moved in here for the past three years and it has been vacant ever since not until now that we're actually going to have a new neighbor.

I hope that it's someone I could get close to, I hope that they have someone who is as the same as our age. It'll be nice to have someone just as our age and it'll be pretty cool if we were to get along.

"Busy checking out the new neighbors next door?" Elliot said, making me startled as he was now standing beside me, glancing at the house next door.

"Well, I'm curious. I hope they're decent and that we could get along with them." I said honestly.

Elliot places his hand on my head to ruin my hair like he always do and he laughs, "Well, let's just hope that they have a daughter who is the same as our age and pretty so that I could have a girlfriend before freshmen starts." He said confidently making me vomit with the sudden thought.

"You're seriously disgusting." I uttered in an annoyed tone and all he did was laugh.

"Well, are you hoping for a guy? I mean, I hope that he could mistook you for a girl so that he could ask you out. I mean, as much as I hate to have someone crushing you in middle school, no one had ever thought of having you as their crush because they claim that you're better off being their bestfriend." Elliot sneered, making me punch him on the stomach because he's being too honest and by that, it's making me irritated.

"I'm not interested of having a love life, we're just starting high school. None of that even bugs my mind." Honestly, now that we're stepping in high school, I want to have someone. I want to meet loads of friends, I want to experience a whole lot of things I haven't done in middle school and to find love even if it's too childish to think that you could actually meet your one true love in high school. I mean, some have found their guy when they're in high school and ended up having to be their husband when they grow up and as much as I want to imagine or think that I could have a guy willing to like or love me for me, it's impossible, especially when they view me as a boy more than a girl.

"Whatever you say." Elliot rolls his eyes as he starts to walk towards my bedroom door, "Call me when there's a hot chic, okay?" He waves his hands before getting out of my room.

My brother is always obnoxious though I can't imagine having him to be replaced.

My eyes were back at the window. There's another car that just arrived in front of the house and I can sense that it must be the new family living next door.