Chapter 9 - Best Night of My Life

Ellie

Today is the bonfire party and I have thirty minutes left before Casey and Chase arrive in our drive way. I have everything in my bag except for a bikini. I don't have one but Casey insisted that I should have one if I wanted Matt to notice me. But I can't go shopping now when I know that I'm running out of time, and it's not like other people will be bothered seeing me with just a plain shirt and shorts on the beach. Casey is just over reacting too much.

Last night, Matt had sent me a message saying, "I'll hope I can see you tomorrow (: -Matt", and by just seeing that message made me hyped that I couldn't even sleep. I didn't told Elliot where I was going because if he knew, he'll probably lecture me not to go because of the incident last time about Jesse drugging my drink which I don't think he really done it. I know that Elliot and my other guy friends will be invited but I don't think they'll attend and I didn't see them attend the bonfire party for the past years because they're not really comfortable with Matt's group of friends and especially the incident last time.

I already ask my parents' permission about going to the party and they agreed but letting me promise first that I would stay away from trouble. I'll probably be home tomorrow because the party usually ends at three o' clock in the morning.

I tied my hair into a bun and before I could even get my bag from my bed, I have this gut feeling of checking Austin in his room. I shake my head and tried to remove the thought of Austin bugging inside my head. Why would I be interested to that guy when he's not even my crush or someone I would want to like? I'm getting really annoyed by just thinking about him when I don't think I should. I close my bedroom window and close the curtains. I should stop thinking about him and focus on the party that I'm going to attend this evening.

"Elliot, I'm going out with Casey." I called out his name when I pass by on his room but not a single word came out. I went back to his room and let myself in and I found no Elliot. He must be at Austin's or Ivan's.

I went downstairs and found my mom on the kitchen, baking. She loves to bake and cook-- sometimes I wonder why I wasn't able to inherit those characteristics.

"Mom, I'll be going now." I said while I glance at her as she places the dough on the tray. The counter was a mess, flour are scattered all over the counter, egg shells were on the sink and her tray is all a mess. But seeing her like this makes me happy because she's doing what she loves.

"Okay hun," She takes a look at me, "You take care okay? Promise to stay away from trouble and hormonal teenagers." She said and I laugh back.

"Of course mom." I kiss her on the cheek, "By the way, where's Elliot?"

She places the tray on the oven and set the timer, "He said that he's going out with his friends and he'll probably home by tomorrow, didn't he tell you?"

He didn't tell me anything but I think we're truce now because I didn't even told him about me going to Matt's party. He must be at Ivan's and I don't want to know where they're going.

"Oh okay," I change the topic, "Bye mom! Save me some cookies!"

She chuckles, "I will hun."

I went to the living room and saw my dad on the couch with the television set on the football game and his eyes settled on the newspaper that he is holding. My father loves multi tasking and I know that Elliot inherited that from him.

"So are you going to watch or read?" I teased.

My father diverted his attention to me and he chuckled softly, "Both? Is that a bad thing?" I'm a daddy's girl, no one could argue on that. If Elliot is a mama's boy, I'll probably be a daddy's girl.