Chapter 25 - I Can't Stop Thinking About You

Ellie

All I can hear right now is my heart pounding as the radio of the car plays, my eyes gaze at Austin's and not a single word come out from his mouth after I confessed my feelings for him.

I never knew I have the courage to tell my feelings for him directly. I always imagine myself of confessing my feelings to someone through a letter or a message through a text because I know I could never pull out a confession without even stuttering or trying to think otherwise of which are the best words to say. But right now, in this very moment, I never realized I was going to confess my feelings for him.

"You don't have to say anything, just drive me home." I said, as I break the awkward tension surrounding the car.

He didn't move, he didn't seem to hear what I have just said. Is he even joking with me right now? Because I don't want anyone to play any prank or jokes on me because confessing to someone you like, is already making my heart want to jump and somehow, I feel embarrassed, especially when the guy I had confessed to, didn't even utter a single word.

"Just forget what I said— I didn't say anything." I shifted my gaze at the window and I feel like my cheeks are turning red because of embarrassment. Why can't he say something? Did I do a bad thing? Shouldn't I confess my feelings for him?

"Ella—" He calls my attention and it was the first word that comes out from his mouth after the confession.

"What?" I didn't look at him and continue to stare at my window side. I'm already embarrassed, I don't think I could handle this tension anymore.

"Look at me." He instructs and I didn't listen.

"Ella, please—look at me." He begged. I release a stressful sigh and turn my head around to look at him, but this time, he has a smile placed on his lips and it made my heart want to jump out of this car because I don't think I could handle this anymore.

"I really really really like you." He confesses, "And I'm glad that you feel the same way too." He took my hands as his own and places a kiss on it, "I'm glad that you told me the truth."

I can feel my cheeks turning red even more and I try to look elsewhere but he immediately places his hand on my cheek, aligning my face to his so that my eyes are staring back at him, "Ella—what's the matter?"

"Austin!" I burst out, surprising him, "Take me home."

"No—" He laughs, "We're having a moment." And I feel like I destroyed the moment because of my sudden outburst.

"Please—" I gaze elsewhere, because if I continue to focus my attention to him, I feel like I could no longer breathe.

"Why?"

"You're making me feel insane."

He didn't comment on my reply and when I focus my eyes at him, I was greeted with his lips, kissing me. I didn't pull back, even if I can feel like I'm going to burst any second, I let him kiss me, it wasn't long, it was like a smack but it made me feel many things that makes me want to shout that I'm the most happiest girl in the world. "You make me feel insane too." He said as pulls back from the kiss.

I don't know how to act in front of him anymore and I don't think I could be normal around him after the confession. I know I should've ended things with Matt before I could even confess my feelings for Austin but I can't help myself, I just want to truly say what I feel without trying to be conscious about everything. I just want to fall in love with the guy I truly like and without having to lie about my feelings. I know it may seem unfair but tomorrow for sure, I'll tell Matt what I truly feel even if I may look like the bad person, he deserves the truth.