Chapter 3

"445. 446. 447. There we go, 448!" I said to myself as I stood at the second to last door on the right side of the hallway.

I pushed my key in like you do at hotels and a green light flashed at me, signaling that I could go in.

"Hello, neighbor." A voice said from behind me.

I turned and saw a thin blonde girl with a middle part and super straight hair leaning against her door.

"Hi." I said in a small, squeaky voice.

"What's your name?" she asked me as she straightened her posture again.

"Harper Collins. What's yours?" I asked, loosening up a little bit.

"Lauren Michaels." She said as she stuck out her hand for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you, Lauren." I grinned.

"You too." She smiled, exposing her white, perfectly straight teeth. "I'm guessing you're new here."

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed.

"A little bit, but no worries." She smiled as she walked across the hall to my door. "Need help walking around, or a tour?" She asked me.

I looked down at my stuffed bags. "Um, yeah, some help would be nice. Thanks."

"Anytime." She grinned as she helped me push my luggage into my room.

The rooms looked just like hotel rooms, but with one bed in the center of the one wall. They had a mini kitchen area, and a bathroom, and a TV area and full length mirror. They even had a balcony!

"Before you act shocked, all the rooms are painted like it's easter." She said, pointing to my bright yellow walls. "You got lucky though."

"Why is that?" I asked her as I looked around.

"You got a yellow and wide flower bedspread, everybody gets a white bedspread with flowers matching the color of the walls, and you got a cute color."

"What other colors are there?" I asked.

"Some rooms are pink, some are green, some purple, some orange, some red, some blue, but you got lucky you got a colored one, some people are stuck with white walls."

"Why would they do that?" I asked her.

"Don't know. Nobody does." She said, shaking her head. "But the people who have the white rooms hate it!"

"Is your room white?" I asked her, guessing this whole rant was because she has a white room.

"Nope, my rooms pastel blue. But my friend Veronica has a white room." Lauren said as she scrunched up her nose.

Lauren grabbed one of my suitcases and started to help put my clothes away. "Breakfast is six am to nine am, to twelve pm on weekend. Breakfast is twelve to three, dinner is five to eight."

"Great, thanks." I smiled at her.

"Classes start at eight-thirty, and it's really important to be on time here." She said with a sad face. "But no uniforms, and most of the girls are nice."

"Any cute boys?" I joked.

"Ryan Moore." She quickly answered.

"Ooh, who's that?" I smirked.

"This boy I have had a crush on since I came here in ninth grade, which was last year." She swooned. "Oh, and Romeo Beckham would be cute too if he wasn't my best friend." She laughed.

"Romeo Beckham?" I asked her.

"Yeah, you know, daughter of soccer player David Beckham and Spice Girl Victoria Beckham."

"How can he go here?" I questioned. "He's from England, not America."

"I know, but his parents donate a lot to this school since his older brother's girlfriend went here for a year.

"Got it." I answered, even though I was still confused.

"School doesn't start for another two days, you can come with my friend group and have lunch with us tomorrow if you want." Lauren offered.

"That would be great." I smiled as I finished emptying my luggage.

"Anything else you need help with?" Lauren asked.

I looked around at my room, "Nothing I can think of at the moment."

"Alright." Lauren said as she leaned against my wall. "I'm from New York, by the way."

"No way!" I grinned, surprised she was from the same place I am. "So am I!"

"Really?" Lauren asked me with her mouth wide open. I shook my head in response.

"Now how about that tour?"