Chapter 23

We were about done with lunch and Lauren still wouldn't admit to me that Romeo had stopped by, and I had no idea why.

I hadn't directly told her I knew for a fact that Romeo had visited while I was in the shower, but I hinted towards him saying he wanted to take me to dinner by asking her if she had any dinner plans. I couldn't find the easy way to tell her, 'Hey, I heard you talking to Romeo while I was getting dressed, why won't you just admit it?'

"Sorry about crashing in your room last night." Lauren said as the waitress came back to grab both of our bills with our money.

"Oh, no problem, I understand." I said, trying to find an excuse for her not telling me Romeo stopped by.

I came to the conclusion that if she were to tell me Romeo stopped by, she would have to tell me that Romeo doesn't like me in the way I like him, and she was just trying to spare me the sadness.

However, Lydia still would have told me because being truthful is a key part of a healthy friendship.

But then again, Lauren isn't Lydia, so I can't exactly compare them.

I decided to just shake it off and enjoy my time here before it all passed me by. "Are you coming back next year?" Lauren asked me as we walked back to the school campus.

"I'm not sure yet, I don't think so." I shook my head.

"Why not?" Lauren asked.

"I'm not sure, just my parents said I only had to come for one year, and I'm not sure that there's anything here for me, other than friends." I pointed to her. "But I'm sure we'll stay in touch."

"Oh yeah, totally!" She smiled. "But I still think you should come back, we would all miss you!"

"I'm not sure, I miss my old school a lot if we're being honest, and my family, and my old friends!"

"Well who doesn't? But you're in Paris, a once in a lifetime chance, you can't give it up for a dumb school in New York!"

"But I love New York!" I argued.

"I'm sure you do, but in my opinion, it's no comparison to Paris!" She smiled as we entered the campus.

"I guess you're right." I shrugged as I agreed with her.

"And there's no Romeo in New York." She added.

So she can bring up Romeo in our conversation, but not tell me he came into my room earlier? "I guess you're right, not that he's something that's holding me back," I flipped my hair, trying to move on from my Romeo thoughts, "not anymore."