Chapter 38

"Miss we are doing all we can to get you in to see Mr. Beckham, but you have to understand that his visitor list is strictly 'family only'. The man at the front desk told me for the fiftieth time.

I looked back at Veronica and Lauren who were standing behind me as I sighed out of frustration at the front desk, coming to the realization that there really was nothing that the man at the front desk can do.

"I am so tired but there is no way I can sleep." Veronica said as we all finally took a seat in the waiting room chairs. We had shared sobs in the car as we made our way to Cannes, France, where Romeo's plane crash had happened, so close to Paris, so close to being safe.

"I don't think i'll be sleeping for a few days." Lauren rubbed her head like I did when I was starting to get a headache.

"Or a few weeks." I added as I put my head in my hands.

There were only eight other people in the waiting room we were in. Every person who was in the plane crash was transferred to this hospital, but the only waiting room filled up before we got here, so we were sent to the waiting room in the west wing, instead of the east where all the victims were placed.

"Breaking news coming to us from the Hospital Pierre Nouveau, we have now learned that five of the victims of the plane crash are dead, sixteen injured."

All of the air left my body as soon as I heard that the death list from the plane crash had jumped from three deaths, to five deaths.

I looked to both of my sides at Lauren and Veronica who squeezed my hand. All of us on the edge of out seats, waiting for someone to come out and tell us that Romeo was one of the two plane crash victims that were just ruled dead.

"He's strong, don't worry." Lauren said as she squeezed my hand even tighter as I tried to blink a tear away.

"I know, I know." I choked back tears.

The TV in the background continued to make noise and ramble on about the plane crash, stuff I already heard. "One of the victims of the plane crash happened to be the child of famous David and Victoria Beckham, Romeo Beckham, who is said to be in critical condition, unable if he will make it.

All three of us girls looked at each other and sobbed. It was awful that Romeo was in critical condition, but it was better than him being dead, since we might not have much time to say that.