Chapter 42

"Lots of water?" Lauren asked me as she continued to go down the check list.

"Check." I answered.

"Comfy pillows and blankets?"

"Check."

"And you are willing to go pick up his favorite food from the Italian restaurant he loves when he gets here?"

"Of course." I smiled.

"Alright, we are all ready for Romeo's return, so hopefully it will go smoothly." Lauren grinned.

It had been three weeks since Romeo was first put in the hospital since he was in critical condition from the plane crash he had gotten in when he attempted to return to Paris to come back to school after Christmas break.

"I just got the text from V, she says he's five minutes away!" Lauren said as she squealed, excited.

As soon as she said that my phone started to ring, I looked down to see I was getting a facetime call on my phone. "I hate to do this when Romeo is so close to getting here, but I should take this!" I said as I opened the door, looking back at Lauren who just nodded.

I pressed 'answer' and Eric popped up on the screen. "Harper, hey!" He smiled. His blonde hair looked ruffled like he just woke up. "What are you up to?"

"Just got done setting up for Romeo's return to school, what about you?" I asked.

"Getting ready to go to your brother's baseball practice." Eric smiled. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too!" I frowned. "But I really should go, even though I don't want to."

"Go ahead, we can talk later, okay?" He smiled.

"I can't wait."

"Neither can I, but I have to go turn your brother into the next Babe Ruth." He laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh at his sports jokes that he always told me. "Well if we're talking about the same kid, then good luck with that."

"HARPER!" I heard Veronica shout from the elevator.

"Oh my gosh, i've gotta go!" I said as I let Eric get in a laugh and an 'okay', then I hung up. "COMING!" I shouted back.

"Here he is!" Veronica smiled as Romeo stepped out of the elevator, he was limping really bad and had a few bruises and cuts, but other than that, he looked the exact same as he usually did, before the accident.

"Hey, Romeo, how are you feeling?" I asked as I stepped in to help him walk.

"Better now that i'm out of the hospital and out of my house where my mum will not leave me alone for more than five minutes without asking if I need another pillow or another bowl of soup." Romeo joked as we slowly made our way to his dorm room.

After a minute or so of some more slow walking, we finally got Romeo to his room and into his bed. "I'll go grab you your favorite Italian food, and i'll be back in a few minutes!"

"How long?" Romeo asked as he winced in pain as he tried to move.

"Ten, fifteen minutes I would assume." I shrugged, trying to think how long it would take.

"Try not to take too long."

"Don't forget i'm going out of my way to get food for you." I gave him a fake dirty look as I grabbed my phone.

"Sorry i'm just under a lot of stress."

"I know, hopefully it will help when you get some Italian food in your stomach." I laughed.

"But I do need to talk to you sometime." Romeo blurted out.

"Okay," I gave him a hesitant look, "about what?" I set my phone down and sat at the edge of my bed.

At the worst possible timing, my phone started to ring again as a photo of Eric smiling popped up, saying he wanted to facetime. "No, just go, we can talk about it later." Romeo sat back as he grabbed the remote of his bedside table. "And you should get that, you wouldn't want to keep your boyfriend waiting.

I felt bad but I just nodded as I stood up and rushed into the hall so that I could answer Eric's facetime call.