Chapter 5

"Come in." The manly voice on the other side of the door said after Veronica knocked twice.

Veronica twisted the knob and pushed the door open. "Romeo!" She squealed as she leaped into the boys arms before I could even get a good look at him.

"She has a crush on him." Lauren whispered into my ear. "But don't tell her I told you!"

"I won't." I smiled and whispered back.

"Lauren!" Romeo said to Lauren as he pulled her into a hug too. "How was your break in New York?"

"Boring." Lauren frowned. "How about your vacation in England?"

"Great, actually. Thanks for asking." Romeo smiled. "And, a new girl?" Romeo asked as he looked at me and tilted his head.

"Yes, actually." Lauren said as she stood up tall next to me. She looked proud, like she was getting another girl scout badge for being able to tie her shoe when nobody else could. "I found her in the hallway, she lives right across from me."

"Look at you, bringing in strays." Romeo joked as he tapped Lauren's shoulder. "Does the stray have a name?"

"Harper Collins." Lauren quickly said back before I could get a word in.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

Lauren opened her mouth to speak but Romeo said, "Harper?" Before she could fire off that I'm fifteen, from New York, and it's my first year here.

"I'm from New York." I said, my voice more high pitched than usual.

"I'm from England." Romeo responded. "Romeo Beckham, it's nice to meet you, Harper Collins." He extended his hand and I reached out to shake it.

"Thanks, you too." I said as I pulled my hand back from the awkwardly long hand shake.

Romeo gave me a slight nod in response, then he turned to the other two girls. "Hunter comes in on September 2nd."

"But schools starts September 1st!" Veronica argued.

"All flights were booked from Alabama to Paris." Romeo shrugged.

"Since when?" Lauren said, letting out an odd laugh that sounded more like a cackle to me.

"He probably just wanted to stay another day with Sidney." Veronica added.

"Probably." Romeo responded. "Who cares, he'll just miss getting our schedules and introductions."

"Is Kylie in yet?" Veronica asked randomly. She looked nervous to ask. Who was Kylie? Another friend in this friend group thing?

"You didn't hear?" Romeo asked as he turned his attention from the girls to the unorganized shampoo and conditioner bottles on his dresser.

"Hear what?" Lauren asked, anxious to hear the news.

"Kylie got accepted into the art program here, she's now across the courtyard." Romeo said. He seemed like he didn't care, he didn't seem sad. But why would he be? That Kylie girl is just a walk through grass away in a different building, it's not like she's a whole country away, or even outside of this campus!

"How great for her!" Veronica smiled. Her smile was faker than her eye lashes.

"But to answer your question, she got in yesterday."

"So I'm guessing you're hanging out with her tonight, right?" Veronica asked.

"I don't know yet. If she isn't busy. If not, maybe we can show Hanna around." He turned and smiled at me.

"Harper." Lauren corrected him. "Come on, she shares a name with your little sister! You don't go around calling your little sister Hanna do you?"

"My bad, I meant Harper." Romeo gave Lauren a dirty look before giving a sincere smile to me.

"It's okay, it happens all the time." It's never happened. Never have I ever been called Hanna, or the wrong name. Except when Eric was a kid, he thought my name was Harbor, not Harper. But that was the only time.

"Speaking of Kylie, I should go check in on her." Romeo said as he zipped up his jacket. "Text you if my plans with Kylie fall through?" He asked as we were about to walk out the door.

"I'll be waiting by my phone." Lauren joked in the fake, "I'm in love with you", sweet voice.

"Sometimes you make me wonder if I should just pack up my bags and go back home." Romeo sighed.

"With your beloved Kylie here? You would never!" Lauren shot back. She never stopped, ever.

"See you later, Veronica."

"See ya!" Veronica smiled.

"See you later, Harbor."