Chapter 19

I pinned two pieces of my curly hair back with bobby pins as I smiled at the short, black Sherri Hill dress I had just bought. It had red, white an yellow flowers at the bottom, and I paired it with a red, small purse and a pair of black heels.

I looked over at my clock to see it was six thirty, "Right on time." I smiled to myself.

"You look pretty." Romeo said as he looked at me as I opened the door. "As always."

"Thank you." I smiled. "You look good too."

"Where's my 'as always'?" He joked.

"As always." I smiled as I grabbed the two tickets off the counter and put them in my purse.

We walked out of my room and passed Hunter and Lauren. "Wait, what?" Both of them said.

"Are you guys going, together?" Hunter asked as he pointed to us.

"Shut up, Hunter." Said as she shoved Hunter back. "I thought you weren't going to the dance, Harper?" She asked me.

I looked back at her as the elevator opened up. "I'm not." I smiled as Romeo and I got into the elevator and pressed the lobby button.

"I'm sorry again." I frowned.

"Don't be, but I'm sorry too." Romeo said back.

"You have no reason to be sorry."

"Neither do you." He smiled at me.

When we stepped out of the dorm building, the outside area was flooded with kids in tuxedos and dresses. Romeo linked his arm with mine as we attempted to push our way through the crowd to get to the exit.

"Romeo!" A kid with spikey hair shouted as he patted Romeo really hard on the shoulder. "New girl of the week, I see." The boy smirked.

My grip on Romeo's arm loosened a little bit.

"No I'm totally kidding, this kid has only been with two girls in his life, his witch of an ex girlfriend, and you." The boy smiled.

"See ya, Alex." Romeo smiled at the boy as I tightened my grip again and continued to walk through the crowd.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Romeo asked me as we got out of the crowd and into the fresh air. The gates to the school closed behind us.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled. "I'm really good with secrets." I bragged.

"You can't tell anyone." Romeo looked at me sternly.

"I won't, I won't!" I smiled at him, excited to hear his secret.

"I miss my family, especially my little sister Harper, so much." He frowned.

"What? That's not bad!" I smiled at him.

He smiled back at me, "you don't think so?"

Before I could answer I was blinded by a bright flash.

"Not again." Romeo said as we continued to walk faster.

"What was that?" There were a few more flashes. "Or what is that?"

"Paparazzi." Romeo said.

"Seriously?" I laughed, "You have paparazzi?"

"Don't laugh, it's not funny!" He smiled.

"It kind of is!" The flashes continued to follow us as we walked down the sidewalk.

"We're almost at the theater, just done look at them." He smiled.

"Well since I'm not in the mood to be blind, I won't!"

"I'm sorry about this." Romeo frowned. "I forgot about them. "

"Don't be sorry, I don't mind." I smiled as we walked into the theater.