Chapter 6

I have never been so bored in my life. I was sitting in my dorm, whistling to the songs that played on the only station that was the same here as it was in the United States as the top fortys played.

I was humming to a random song by Ariana Grande when my phone buzzed, shaking the bed a little bit.

I leaned over and grabbed my phone. It was a group chat with us random numbers in it.

"I know everyone's name and number, but say your name so everyone else can put it into their contacts". A number sent. I gave a weird look to the screen. "Lauren btw". The same number sent.

My phone buzzed again, "Veronica:)".

Then again, "Hunter".

Then one final time, "Romeo."

I put in all the names as contacts as I typed out, "Harper" and pressed the send button.

"Romeo, why is your little sister in this group chat?" Someone asked, that Hunter kid, to be specific.

"It's not her, it's a new girl Lauren found." Romeo typed back.

"Interesting." Was all Hunter typed back.

The group chat was dead for about fifteen minutes, so I started reading a book I brought from New York. "Plans fall through yet" I read as it flashed on my screen, the name 'Veronica' above it.

"Not sure yet, Kylie wasn't in." Romeo texted back quickly.

"We are thinking of going to see the eiffel tower with Harper." Lauren added in. I had nothing to say, so the only thing I've sent in the group chat so far was, "Harper".

"I texted her and asked if she wanted to do anything tonight before school starts. I'll tell you her response when she texts back."

"Cool." Lauren answered. Veronica sent a smiling emoji and Hunter and I both said nothing.

I grabbed my laptop and threw my hair up into a bun. "Fun places to go in Paris" I typed into the Google search bar, I went to press enter before adding, "alone".

A website popped up right away, "Tourist attractions for one!" It had a blonde lady giving a thumbs up in front of the eiffel tower. I scanned the attractions before an alert popped up on my laptop screen. "Nina wants to FaceTime".

I pressed the yes button and all of a sudden my little sister showed up on the screen. "Hey, Harp!" She grinned.

"Hey, Nina! What's up?"

"Nothing much," She yawned. "What about you?"

"Nothing really, what time is it there?"

"Four thirty, what time is it there?"

"Ten thirty!" She said, her eyes getting wide. "At night!"

"How exhausting!" I joked.

"We all miss you so much, it's not the same without you!"

"I miss you all too! I wish I could come home." I frowned.

"Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?"

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it."

"Nina, get to bed!" I heard my mom say in the background.

"I've got to go!" Nina whisper shouted really close to the camera. "Good luck on your first day!"

"Thank you." I smiled, my sister was crazy, but she was amazing and beautiful, and I loved her.

"I love you, Harp."

"Love you, Nin."

The phone call ended and I shut my laptop.

A vibration came from my phone again, and I looked over at it. "Plans fell through, meet you on outside dorms at seven?" Romeo asked.

Perfect timing.