Chapter 33

"I'm home!" I said as I walked into my family's pent house in New York.

"Your luggage is right here, Miss Collins." The bellhop said as he set down my luggage in my pent house. I handed him a ten dollar bill as he walked by and we exchanged 'have a nice day' 's.

"Nina, is someone at the door?" I heard my mother say as her heels cracked down the hall towards me. "Harper?"

"Mom!" I smiled as she ran towards me and gave me a hug. "I thought your plane got delayed.

"No it didn't, actually, it was a false alarm!"

"Ugh I am so happy to have you home!" She squealed. "I'll have Winona go get you your favorite macaroons!"

"No its fine, I can actually just go on my own, see the city again for the first time in a while!"

"Are you sure honey?" My mom asked me. "Because Winona would be happy too I'm sure, she loves you!"

"I'm fine mom, I can go get them on my own. Thank you though."

"Okay, but before you go, Nina and Matt are both in their rooms."

I nodded and walked past my mom towards the bedrooms. I knocked and Nina's door and waited for her to say, 'come in'.

"Harper!" She shouted as soon as I walked in. She jumped on me and gave me a big hug.

"Hey Nin!" I hugged her as I ruffled her hair.

"Did I hear you say... HARPER!" My little brother Matt said as he ran and hugged me from behind. "You're back! I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Kiddo!" I turned around and hugged him and kissed him on the head.

"Girls night? We have so much to talk about!" Nina smiled.

"Sure." I gave in.

"I have baseball practice in half an hour, but I will see you after!" Matt hugged me before he ran out.

"Matt, are you coming or no?" I heard my mom shout down the hallway at my little brother.

"Baseball practice in December?" I asked Nina with an eyebrow raised. "This late?"

"Indoor baseball, and it's only at nine on Fridays, on Mondays and Wednesdays it's at six-thirty."

"Gotcha."

"And before you ask, his next game is Monday night, six-thirty."

"Thank you!" Nina knew me so well. "I can't wait to go!"

"Well you'll be able to wait once you find out who the coach is." Nina laughed as she walked out of her room and into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" I asked her as she handed me a water bottle.

"Eric's the coach."

"My ex-boyfriend Eric?" My jaw dropped.

"Obviously, what other Eric is there?" Nina took a bite of chips and salsa. "Anyways, you still have to go or else Matt would be heartbroken and recently he's been crying so good luck with that one."

"Where's Truffles?" I asked her as I realized I hadn't seen our dog once since I got home.

"Winona took him to his vet appointment."

"Great, then I'll be back in about half an hour, maybe twenty minutes if traffic isn't bad." I said as I grabbed my winter coat and purse.

"Wait, what?" Nina dropped a chip back into the bag. "Where are you going."

"I was going to buy some macaroons, would you like me to buy you some?" I asked her.

"Well obviously, but I'd also like to come with." She smiled as she grabbed her coat and through it on as she followed me out of the door.