Chapter 18

"He gave up the dance to buy you tickets to a stupid play he probably doesn't even like? Harper what the he-"

"I know!" I cut off my best friend from the United States, Lydia as she practically yelled at me.

"Are you going to go talk to him?" Lydia asked me.

"I don't know, he probably already has a date to the dance and he's probably so mad at me." I explained.

"Well it's worth a shot, c'mon, Harp!" Lydia begged.

"He's Romeo Beckham, he could have any girl to go to the dance with, right now." I frowned.

"But yet he chose you to buy tickets to a play for." Lydia smiled. "Wait back up two seconds."

"He could have any girl to go to the dance with, right now?" I repeated with a confused look on my face.

"No, Romeo Beckham?" She questioned. "Like the Romeo Beckham?"

"Yes, Lyd, we've already been over this!" I sighed.

"No we haven't but now that we have, you really need to get down there!" She laughed.

"Stop." I giggled, still kind of annoyed with everything.

"When you get back will you tell me everything about you and Romeo Beckham?" Lydia smirked over facetime.

"I miss you so much." I frowned.

"Miss you more, but will you?"

"Yes." I laughed.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Now go get your man!" Lydia raised her voice.

"She, I have neighbors right next to me, you know?"

"My bad," Lydia laughed quietly, "Good luck, Harp."

"Love you, Lyd."

"Love you."

I hung up the facetime call and went to go change when I looked in the mirror. I was wearing black athletic shorts and a black and white volleyball shirt I got last year. "Do I really care?" I asked myself in the mirror as I threw my hair up in a messy ponytail, threw shoes on and rushed over to Romeo's dorm.

I hesitated to knock when I got to Romeo's dorm, nervous and regretting coming over here, but then I remembered what Lydia said, and knocked on his door.

After a few seconds passed, Romeo slowly opened up the door, revealing him in a tuxedo as he fixed his tie.

My heart dropped, I told Lydia he would already have a date. "Um, hi." Was all i could manage to say to him.

"Hey." He said as he stepped out of the way of the doorway, signaling that I could come in.

"Sorry, I know that I'm probably interrupting, but I thought I should come down here and apologize." I frowned.

Romeo just continued to fix his tie in the mirror, "I just don't want any issues with you, and I feel awful, like so awful." I got up off the edge of the bed and started to walk back towards his door. "But I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I hope you have a fun time tonight." I smiled as I went to shut the door.

"You're not going?" Was all Romeo said.

I slowly re-opened the door. "What?"

"I mean it's okay if you don't want to go, but I was hoping you would want to." He continued to stare at himself in the mirror.

"Go where again?" I was so confused if he meant the play, which I doubted after my behavior earlier, or the dance, that he was going to with I assumed another girl.

"To the play, please tell me you still have the tickets."

"Oh, yeah, I do." I reassured him.

"I'll pick you up at six thirty, okay?" Romeo looked at me with an expressionless face, the first time he had looked at me since I got here, since I was so rude to him earlier.

"Okay." I let a small smile spread across my face, and Romeo smiled back as I shut the door.