Chapter 22

"Take a break from going out to eat with Romeo and go with me instead?" Lauren asked as she swung open my door. "Oh yeah, your doors unlocked by the way."

"Let me get dressed first." I smiled as I stood up and grabbed some shorts and a t-shirt. "I'll make my shower quick, I promise."

"You better, I'm hungry!" Lauren laughed as she sat down on my bed and got on her phone.

I hopped into the shower as I listened to the top 100s US Playlist, only getting to number 95 since I had to hurry so Lauren wouldn't starve to death.

"Now go before she changes her mind about going to lunch with me!" I heard Lauren say as I shut the shower off.

I stopped in my tracks and tried to listen to what else she was saying. "I'll tell her you stopped by!"

"Fine, you can take her to lunch, but I call dinner." I heard someone respond to her. My heart beat sped up, Romeo.

"How romantic," I heard Lauren tease, causing me to let out a small giggle as I continued to listen into their conversation.

"Oh shut up, it's just dinner." Romeo laughed.

"Can I have an exclusive?"

"What are you, a reporter?" Romeo shot back as he let out a small laugh.

"Will you just tell me when you're going to finally ask her out, I won't tell anyone!" Lauren begged.

I stopped breathing for a second, I couldn't believe Lauren just asked Romeo that.

"I'm not sure if I'm really ready for a relationship yet, and plus, I'm not even sure we like each other like that."

I frowned as I decided to continue to get ready again, a little depressed since that was the opposite of the answer I wanted.

"Well you should go, she'll be out any second!" Lauren reminded him.

"Oh, right." Romeo said as I heard my dorm room door shut, meaning that he had left.

I shook my hair one last time and walked out of the bathroom, acting like I didn't just hear everything that was just said.

"So, what did I miss?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just sat here on my phone the whole time, you take long showers." Lauren shrugged as she stood up and smiled at me. "Ready to go?"