Chapter 27

"Back so soon?" Mrs. Fenner's secretary asked me as she handed me the sign-in form that I had just signed a few hours earlier when I had gotten suspended for four days.

"Yeah, I guess so." I shrugged as I took a seat, waiting for Mrs. Fenner to call me in.

"You can come in now, Miss Collins." I heard Mrs. Fenner say from her office. I stood up and entered, quickly taking a seat as soon as I got in there and bracing myself for some more bad news.

"First I would like to apologize." She said as she set down her pen and linked her hands together. "But you still lied to me, for a reason I'm not sure of."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked her, beyond confused.

"I accused you, and suspended you for something you did not do."

"You did?" I asked her.

"Yes, and I know you were just trying to protect your friend who said they had forgotten their school log in, but you could have not been welcomed back to this school next year, Miss Collins, that was a huge risk for you to take for a friend!"

"Yeah, I guess it was." I said, deciding to just agree with her rather than argue.

"So I would like to offer you my apologies, and I hope to see you soon." Mrs. Fenner smiled. "Hopefully just not back in my office."

"Oh yes, of course not." I said as I stood up and flashed her a quick smile before walking out of her office for the second time that day.

I was beyond excited that Mrs. Fenner randomly just dropped my suspension, so I decided to go to the one person who I wanted to talk to the most about all of this, Romeo.

I rushed to his dorm room and knocked twice before he opened the door.

"Romeo, big news!" I said as I walked past him into his dorm. "I'm no longer suspended!"

"Really, that's great!" He smiled at me as he pulled me into a hug.

"Meet me in the cafeteria for breakfast before our first midterms tomorrow?" I asked him as I made my way towards his dorm room door.

"Actually I can't, I'm probably going to continue to cram in some more studying until the last second!"

He had a weird expression on his face as he scratched the back of his neck. "But I thought you never study, what changed?" I asked him.

"Oh I don't know, I just decided to take school more seriously."

"Oh, okay." I responded, still not convinced.

"But I tell you what, I can have breakfast with you Friday morning if you want!" He smiled.

"Why not until Friday?"

"Oh just with midterms and stuff, you know."

"No I don't know," I responded. "Because the last day of midterms is Wednesday, so why wouldn't you be able to have breakfast Thursday?" I asked.

"Harper, I would love to argue with you, but I really need to study!"

"But that's the thing, Romeo, you don't study!" I shot back. "Gosh, why are you acting so weird all of a sudden?"

Romeo started to shut the door as I walked away, I heard him sigh as I made me way down the stairs, annoyed that that boy managed to ruin my good mood after the dean randomly just out of the blue revoked my suspension, the nerve of that boy.