Part 3

*10 years old*

Max was sitting in the living room with her dad, reading a book about demons. 'Why does dad make me read these? I bet Sam and Dean don't.' She thought to herself as there was a knock at the door.

Max moved her eyes from her book to Bobby who stood up, then walked to the door. She looked back down at her book and started to read again, brown hair falling to shape her face as she read the next line. She heard her dad talking to someone, but ignored it.

"Max?"

Max marked her book, shutting it afterwards. She laid it on the spot beside her and stood up, turning around and looking at the owner of the voice.

"Sammy?" Max asked smiling, he nodded. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him as tightly as she could, him doing the same.

"Hey, Max."

She smiled and put her chin on his shoulder.

"Hey, Sam. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

They stayed hugging each other for a while until Max heard someone clear their throat. She turned around and saw Sam's brother.

"Dean!" Max said loudly as she ran and jumped on him, Dean stumbling backwards in the process. Max wrapped her legs around him and hugged him.

" Oh my god! I've missed you both so much!" She said as she hopped off of Dean and looked up at him.

"Missed you to, Squirt."

Max smiled and looked at the door, seeing Sam and Dean's father." John!" Max said as she ran to him and hugged him also, he bent down and hugged her, letting go after a bit.

Max turned around and looked up at Bobby, tilting her head." Are the boys staying a while?" She asked him, he nodded, making her smile brightly.

"Okay. I'll take them to their rooms." Max said walking back to the boys.

"Follow me. Bring your bags." Max said, heading for the stairs and walking up them. She giggled as she heard the boys get their stuff quickly and follow her.

"How long are you guys staying with us?" Max asked them, walking to the door beside her bedroom.

"Until school is over, so a few months." Dean said.

Max smiled and opened a bedroom door.

"Sam, you can have this one." Max said. He smiled and took his stuff in the room. She walked to the end of the hall and opened the door to the next bedroom.

"Dean, this is yours." Max said, he nodded and walked into the room looking around. Max smiled and walked to Sam's door, leaning on the door frame.

Sam looked up at Max and smiled slightly then looked back to his bag, trying to get his clothes out and into the closet.

"Well, how have you been, Sammy?" Max asked him. Sam took a few of his clothes to the closet and started to hang them up.

"I've been okay. I've been moving from one school to the other a lot lately, though." He said, hanging up the clothes he had in his arms. He went back to his bag and got more then walked back to the closet, repeating the same actions as last time.

Max nodded slightly and sighed." Ah. I'm sorry about that." She said, walking to his bag and getting some of his clothes and walking to the closet, he looked down at her and smiled, taking the clothes from her and hanging them up.

"How have you been, Max?" Sam asked her, Max shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"I'm okay. I've just been missing my best friend." Max said quietly, Sam looked down at her and smiled sweetly.

"I bet he's missed you too." Sam said, walking to his bed and sitting down. Max walked over and sat beside him, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Hey, wanna play some video games and catch up?" Max asked him, standing up and grabbing his hand, pulling him to her room and sitting on her bed in front of the tv, not giving him time to answer.

Sam chuckled and sat beside her.

'God, she's adorable'

Max frowned and tilted her head at Sam.

"I'm not adorable." Max said, Sam looked at her, eyes wide.

"How did you know I thought that?" Sam asked her, Max shrugged her shoulders.

"I thought you said it out loud."

"Listen, I'm going to think something, then you have to tell me what I thought." Sam said. Max turned her body to face him and nodded.

'Maximum Singer is my best friend.'

It echoed through Max's head like one of her own thoughts.

"You said I'm your best friend." Max said smiling slightly. Sam's eyes widened as he nodded his head.

"Y-You can read minds." Sam said, Max nodded her head slowly.

"Sammy? What am I?" Max asked him, frowning and looking up into Sam's eyes. He frowned and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into him for a hug.

"I think you're an angel."