Part 5

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Max sat quietly in the back seat of the impala, looking out the window at the passing trees, houses, and shops. She sighed softly to herself as she looked over at Sam and noticed he was looking at her, this caused her to turn back around and continue looking out the window.

"Max?"

Max looked into the rear view mirror and made eye contact with Dean, his facial expression was hard to read.

"Dean?" Max asked him.

"What hotel are you staying in?" Dean asked her, passing the Stop and Sleep motel.

"You just passed it." Max said, looking over and spotting her room from the road. Dean sighed loudly as he made an illegal u-turn and pulled into the motel.

"You got to be kidding me. Same hotel?" Dean asked, slightly aggravated about how his day is slowly turning into a scene from a late night drama.

"Yeah, it looks like it." Max said, getting out of the impala and walking to a door that read 19. She snapped her fingers and the door opened and she walked in, the boys staring at her in amazement as she sat down in her chair by the door.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. I just opened a locked door with the snap of my fingers. I have a lot to explain." Max said, looking at Dean. She couldn't hold eye contact with Sam for much longer then two seconds.

"Yeah, you do. Did you make a-"

"No, Dean, I didn't make a deal. I've been like this since I was little. Ask your brother." Max interrupted him.

Dean looked over at Sam who just shrugged his shoulders and stuck out his bottom lip slightly.

"Sam, anything you want to tell me?" Dean asked, anger in his voice for being left out of the big secret.

"I found out when she was ten. She read my mind." Sam said. Max looked over at him then straight back to Dean.

"Reading minds isn't the only thing I can do. Dean, I would've told you. But you probably would have told John or my dad."

Dean looked over at her and sighed in defeat.   " Fine. What else can you do?"

Max stood up and snapped her fingers, there was a slight flapping noise as she appeared beside Dean. She tapped his shoulder and he turned around, eyes wide and confused.

"That's not all." Max said, she snapped her fingers and a pie appeared on the kitchen table.

Dean's eyes widened as he walked to the pie and stuck his finger in the middle, he brought it into his mouth and smiled once he realized the flavor.

"Cherry, your favorite." Max said, making Sam smirk. Dean looked over at her and pointed.

"This doesn't get you off the hook!" Dean said, making Sam laugh.

"Ikay, Dean. But, that's one of the reasons I left. I didn't want to get any of you involved with this." Max said, snapping her fingers and appearing in the seat she was in earlier.

"Max, you're family. We want to help you." Sam said, Max looked over at him and started to laugh.

"Oh come on, Sam. Do you really expect me to believe you?" Max asked, making Dean look over at him then back to her.

"What does that mean?" Sam asked, crossing his arms.

Max stood up and walked to her book bag, unzipping it and reaching in, grabbing some pictures and handing them to Sam.

"You know exactly what it means. At least when I left I said goodbye!" Max said as Sam looked through the old pictures of them and their family.

Dean watched them, slightly amused that Sam couldn't answer her. Max on the the other hand, was pissed.

"So you can leave, but not take me yelling at you over it?! Sam, after you left, I locked myself in my room for months! Months, Sam!" Max yelled, her eyes started to water and so did his.

"Do you need me to leave? You guys have a lot of things to discuss." Dean said, making Max and Sam look at him.

"No. Give me your phone." Max said, walking over to Dean holding out her hand. Dean looked at her confused but gave her his phone none the less.

Max went through his contacts and clicked one, dialing it and pulling it to her ear. It rung five times then there was a click.

"Dean?" A voice asked on the other end.

"Think more in the category of little girl with brown hair, blue ribbons and pigtails." Max said, smiling as her eyes started to water.

"M-Max? Sweetheart, is that you?" Bobby asked, voice cracking.

"Yeah, hey dad." Max said, a single tear running down her face.

"Max, how did you get Dean's phone? Did he find you? Where are you? Are you okay?" Bobby asked, you could hear the sniffles from outside the phone.

"Dad, I was working a case when I ran into the boys. Dean's letting me use his phone. I'm fine. I'm coming straight home after this case." Max said, turning around and letting a few more tears fall.

"Promise?" Bobby asked, causing Max to smile.

"Of course. I promise."