Part 16

This chapter is based off episode three, season four.
'In the Beginning.'
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been about a week since everything with the witnesses went down. Max sat on the bottom of Dean's bed, waiting for him to get back from the vision trip Castiel sent him on. The familiar sound of wings were heard and she turned and looked at Castiel, frowning.

Dean was sent back in time, with no other instructions other then,' fix it'. He would get to meet his grandparents for the first time, and his parents once more.

"He's going to be upset when he wakes up." Max said, looking back over at Dean's sleeping figure.

"Because I wanted to teach him a lesson?" Castiel asked confused.

"Uncle Cas, you sent him back in time telling him to fix it, when you know he can't. It's torture."

Castiel frowned and shook his head slightly, walking to the other bed that was Sam's and sitting down. That's when Dean awoke, breathing heavily as Max could sense his pain.

"I couldn't stop any of it." Dean said, sitting up and looking from Castiel to Max." She still made the deal." He paused." She still died in the nursery, didn't she?" Dean asked, Max looked at Castiel and then to Dean as her eyes saddened.

"Don't be too hard on yourself." Castiel said, pausing and standing up, looking down at him." You couldn't have stopped it."

Dean stood up from the bed also and looked at him." What?"

"Destiny can't be changed, Dean."

Max watched silently as Castiel turned to face Dean." All roads lead to the same destination."

"Then why'd you send me back?"

"For the truth. Now you know everything we do."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asked, anger in his tone as he stood up.

Max and Castiel looked over at Sam's empty bed, Dean's eyes following theirs then back to the angels. Max stood up and walked over to him, frowning.

"Sit down, you deserve to know."

Dean followed her command and sat down on his bed, looking up at her and Castiel.

"Where's Sam?"

"We know what Azazel did to your brother, Dean. What we don't know is why -- what his end game is. He went to great lengths to cover that up." Castiel said before Max could speak, Dean stood up and neared Castiel.

"Where's Sam?"

"425 Waterman." Castiel said, once again cutting Max off. Dean walked off and got his stuff, while Max stood and looked at Castiel, crossing her arms.

"Your brother is headed down a dangerous road, Dean. And we're not sure where it leads." Castiel said.

Dean pulled out his pistol and checked the ammunition. Afterwards making sure he had the demon knife and more ammo.

"So stop it. Or we will."

Max stepped in and looked up at him, death in her eyes." You'll go through me first, Castiel. Sam and Dean are my family."

Max snapped her fingers and her and Dean were outside a window, looking in at Sam and a brunette girl. They were looking at a man who was tied to a chair, smoke coming out of his mouth and going to the floor.