Part 19

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This chapter is based off episode seven, season four.
'It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester.'

Two days before Halloween, a case appeared before our three favorite hunters. A woman's husband choked on four razor blades in one piece of candy. The rest of the bucket of candy didn't contain any other blades, leading Max to believe it was a witch.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Max, Sam, and Dean walked out of the victims house in their FBI outfits. Hex bag in Dean's pocket, which he found at the crime scene, proving Max's theory correct. Not like she mentioned it to the brothers though, she hasn't been much of a talker here recently.

Ever since that night in Colorado, Max hasn't been the same. Everyone around her knew it. Bobby did, Sam did, and of course Dean did, he hasn't been either.

What Jess and Bobby said to Max, really messed her up. She hasn't talked much, she cannot stay in the same room alone with Sam. She can't look him in the eyes. She won't.

Max climbed into the back of the impala as the boys climbed into the front. Sam looked over his shoulder at Max, they made eye contact then Sam turned away, looking out his window.

Once they arrived at their hotel and walked in, Max snapped her fingers and was changed into a black, long sleeve shirt and grey joggers.

She walked passed the boys who stared at her and flopped down on one of the beds, staring at the ceiling.

"Max? You okay?" Sam asked. Max nodded and stuck her thumb up, raising her hand in the air, then plopping it back down beside her.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to grab some lunch. You two sort out your feelings." Dean said, grabbing the impala keys and standing at the door.

"Hey, Max? Can you change-"

Max cut him off by snapping her fingers and changing him into one of his outfits. Dean smiled and opened the door, standing outside and looking in at them.

"Thanks. See you guys in a bit." And with that he shut the door and left.

Sam went to walk to the bathroom, but Max snapped her fingers and Sam changed into one of his flannels and some jeans, the flannel she changed him into one of her favorites on him.

"Uh, Thanks."

Max just nodded, causing Sam to sigh. He walked over to the bed she was laid out on and sat down, making the bed dip, causing Max to roll over towards him slightly.

"Max. Talk to me ... please." Sam begged. Max stayed silent as she watched Sam closely from the corner of her eye. His back was to her, but she knew he was crying.

"I'm sorry."

Max raised and eyebrow in confusion, even though he couldn't see it. Guilt washed over her as she stayed silent for a minute, wanting to see what else he had to say.

"I don't know what happened. But I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you though it. I'm so sorry." Sam sobbed. Max hasn't seen this side of him in a long time, but it made the guilt she felt in her stomach grow.

Max slowly sat up and looked over at him. Sam had tears running down his face as he looked at his hands.

"It isn't your fault."