~Chapter Twelve~

As soon as class was over, I grabbed my things. Lily then grabbed me, and, proceeded to drag me to the dining area.

I still don't understand. Why is Lily doing this?

"Now, remember, you are to get Damien's phone number, and, give it to me. Understand?"

"...Yes..."

"Good. Here we are!"

Lily then opened the doors for me. The acts of generosity stopped there, though. Afterwards, I was dragged to the football player's table.

There, sat all of the football players.

"Hey, sis. How're you doing?"

Should I tell him about what Lily's doing?

Something in the way she treated me earlier told me it'd be better if I didn't get on her bad side.

"I'm fine. Hey, do you think I can have your phone number? So, I can text you in class, and, such?"

"Sure. Anything for my future wife."

I felt my arm being squeezed. After a bit, it started to hurt. I looked up, to see Lily glaring, yet, looking completely innocent.

"There you go." Damien said, while handing me a small piece of paper.

"Thanks." I said, before getting out my phone. I then put Damien's phone number into my phone.

"Like I just said, anything for you."

Another squeeze.

I winced.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Well, do you want to eat lunch with us?"

"Sure! (y/n) and I would love to eat with you!" Lily said, not giving me any time to respond.

"Great! Come, sit." Damien said, before pulling out two seats.

Lily rushed to the seat next to Damien. I ended up next to some intimidating-looking jock.

"Hi..." I said, nervously.

The jock looked away, and, started talking to another jock.

Talk about rude!

So, for the next thirty minutes, I just sat there, awkwardly.

Man, I'm so hungry...

That's when I felt someone grab my shoulder. I looked up, to see Cameron.

"Hey, Cameron. Need anything?"

"Want to eat lunch with me?"

"Sure."

I then stood up, and, left, with Cameron.

We went to a circle table, near a corner.

Waiting for me, was a delicious-looking meal.

"Did you order this for me?"

"Yes. I saw that you were just sitting there, with no food. Or, anyone to talk to."

"I appreciate you getting me this. It looks so delicious!"

And, after trying it, I learned that it was as good as it looked.

"Good?"

"Yeah. How'd your injury doing?"

"It still hurts. But, I feel much better."

"That's good."

That's when the awkward silence began. I don't like having awkward silences, so, I decided to pick a random topic.